Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Direct link to Dwarf Companion  (Read 512 times)

Schilcote

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Direct link to Dwarf Companion
« on: February 19, 2010, 02:59:14 pm »

Sorry if I put this in the wrong place or did something else wrong...

Last night, my computer caught a nasty virus (I FELT there was something wrong with that site, I FELT it!). I acted fast (okay, UAC acted faster but still, I turned the machine off...) and managed to contain the bugger and get Trend Micro running in safe mode. It managed to get my copy of Dwarf Companion, and now the wiki seems to be borked.

Does anyone have a direct link to the second-newest version of Dwarf Companion?

EDIT:

Whoops, found it in my history. http://www.pindi.us/files/df/dfcompanion-0.16-exe.zip

Makes me wonder... it almost seemed like the virus targeted Dwarf Companion specifically, it infected the compressed version in my FF downloads folder...
« Last Edit: February 19, 2010, 03:02:22 pm by Schilcote »
WHY DID YOU HAVE ME KICK THEM WTF I DID NOT WANT TO BE SHOT AT.
I dunno, you guys have survived Thomas the tank engine, golems, zombies, nuclear explosions, laser whales, and being on the same team as ragnarock.  I don't think something as tame as a world ending rain of lava will even slow you guys down.

Danarca

• Bay Watcher
  • [MILL_CHILD:ONLY_IF_GOOD_REASON]
    • View Profile
Re: Direct link to Dwarf Companion
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2010, 04:56:25 pm »

My subconsciousness (Spelled that right on the first try O_o) tells me I've read about another guy who had a virus in his compressed folder.
Think it was something regarding that particular mirror...

Also, the wiki is being moved to a new server, so it'll act a bit unstable for the next 2 -3 days.
Bombcar kindly bought the easy-to-remember domain-name http://dfwiki.net/ for the wiki, but as I said it might be unstable.
Clutter god the god of godly gods.
Om Nom nom nom nom
Ah yes the god of stone stockpiles, long randomly generated names, and gods.

DarkDragon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2010, 12:07:09 am »

It's also possible your AV picked up a false positive on Dwarf Companion. Seeing as it intercepts memory calls, it exhibits the same behavior as some types of malware, so it's entirely possible you just got a false positive.

Schilcote

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2010, 09:48:11 pm »

It's also possible your AV picked up a false positive on Dwarf Companion. Seeing as it intercepts memory calls, it exhibits the same behavior as some types of malware, so it's entirely possible you just got a false positive.

It wasn't actually RUNNING, nothing was. That's the idea behind safe mode. Trend Micro found infections in other EXEs and a DLL too.
WHY DID YOU HAVE ME KICK THEM WTF I DID NOT WANT TO BE SHOT AT.
I dunno, you guys have survived Thomas the tank engine, golems, zombies, nuclear explosions, laser whales, and being on the same team as ragnarock.  I don't think something as tame as a world ending rain of lava will even slow you guys down.