Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Rotten dwarf chunk?  (Read 1910 times)

spetsnaz

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Rotten dwarf chunk?
« on: February 15, 2010, 04:13:09 pm »

I recently had a dwarf go berserk when I couldn't get him any shell for his artifact. I figured my legendary wrestler and swordsdwarf captain of the guard would take care of him, so I paid no attention to it. Until I noticed a massive cloud of miasma in one of my hallways. Neatly stacked at the center of the cloud was a pile of about 20 rotting dwarf chunks. What. The. Fuck? The berserk dwarf in question is nowhere to be found, not even his body. Could it be that my Captain was so enraged by this berserk dwarf that he left nothing but a chunky soup?

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
Re: Rotten dwarf chunk?
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2010, 04:16:28 pm »

More likely he was ripped apart by war dogs and his body was taken to a coffin while you weren't looking.

You sure his body isn't anywhere to be seen? Check corpses from the stocks menu.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

spetsnaz

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2010, 04:19:48 pm »

Nope, no corpse. I checked. I only have one coffin in my whole fortress and it's already occupied.

Aspgren

• Bay Watcher
  • Every fortress needs a spike pit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2010, 04:24:31 pm »

Check the stockpile options. The bodies are listed there, as well as any torn off appendages.
The crossbow squad, 'The Bolts of Fleeing' wouldn't even show up.
I have an art blog now.

Satarus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2010, 11:07:46 am »

Look for skulls or bones in you stocks if you have no corpses.
You need to make said elf leather into the most amazing work of art.  Embed it with every kind of gem you have, stud it with metals, and sew images into it.  Erect a shrine outside your fort with that in the center.  Let the elves know that you view their very skin as naught more but a medium for your dwarves to work on.

Magil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2010, 11:36:06 am »

Particularly brutal battles can lead to lots of rotting chunks lying around.

In particular, you should see the messes my zombie giant cave spider leaves behind from prisoners... he's not a very quick killer.
Quote from: Mystic Mongol
Turns out most of the nobles had the same room. Moreover, this same room was apparently bedroom, office, and dining room. I don't know what they thought was in this room... I do know the doors were all locked, so none of them could get IN.

Also, apparently there was a fire inside, and had been for months. I feel I should investigate this at some point.

BradB

• Bay Watcher
  • I hate this site, it keeps me from playing!
    • View Profile
    • An awesome gaming news ticker, woweee!
« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2010, 11:48:11 am »

You hath challenged me, but I have bested you!

I have a score of 21 CHUNKS! (no other bodyparts/items counted)
I re-challenge the rest of you to beat me.

spikedball

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2010, 03:28:54 pm »

Chunks are produced in large quantities by any creatures that have ranged means of crippling the dwarves and overall weak physique. Fire imps work fine, they usually attack in bite-bite-firebreath pattern, soon igniting most of the animal/plant products that might be lying around. I had a no-toughness recruit die this way. He got hit with a fireball and passed out, then burned to death in a great pile of !!dwarven chunks!!.
I recently had a dwarf go berserk when I couldn't get him any shell for his artifact. I figured my legendary wrestler and swordsdwarf captain of the guard would take care of him, so I paid no attention to it. Until I noticed a massive cloud of miasma in one of my hallways. Neatly stacked at the center of the cloud was a pile of about 20 rotting dwarf chunks. What. The. Fuck? The berserk dwarf in question is nowhere to be found, not even his body. Could it be that my Captain was so enraged by this berserk dwarf that he left nothing but a chunky soup?
Dwarves fit neatly into that "crippling attack and weak bite" description. The berserker probably did something to your champion's hands, or the other way around, and so the crippled party had to bite.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2010, 03:31:40 pm by spikedball »

random51

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 20, 2010, 09:27:14 am »

Rotten chunks? What you need is an ACME MCS-145!

Features of the Acme Miasma Containment System 145:

145 Miasma-proof containment cells
0 Moving parts for very low maintenance cost
Uni-stockpile design

Say hello to your very own MCS-145 and say goodbye to unhappy thoughts, proving yet again that Acme is the 1-stop shop for all your Fortress needs.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2010, 09:29:30 am by random51 »