Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Pet on head  (Read 1854 times)

Shinziril

• Bay Watcher
  • !!SCIENCE!!
    • View Profile
Re: Pet on head
« Reply #15 on: February 18, 2010, 04:03:30 pm »

The problem is that said Pikachu would have to be a vermin, and the Dwarvemon mod has them as animals.

Mod-modding?  Hmm . . .
Quote from: lolghurt
Quote from: Urist McTaverish
why is Dwarven science always on fire?
Because normal science is boring

Aspgren

• Bay Watcher
  • Every fortress needs a spike pit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 18, 2010, 04:26:12 pm »

ARGH!

I figured the best way to try if they work as armor was to tell the wearer to hunt and to sparr. The new one, "Reg" was wearing three rats. However nothing came of the hunting nor the sparring. I couldn't tell for sure.

So I abandoned and started adventuring to find and do battle with Reg. The problem? I had abandoned and reclaimed many times to find someone who liked an easily captured vermin like rats. So the woods in adventure mode were FULL of immigrating creatures.
 After peacefully searching for a long while I grew tired and declared war. They cut my adventurer down ... but my SECOND was much more successful. An elf throwing steel battle axes that he harvested from the dead. I can't begin to count how many dwarves I killed! At the end I had an inventory FULL of looted axes and picks.

and then. all of a sudden. There she was. Reg with her three rats. Since the whole "throw axe at dwarf" business was actually INCREDIBLY successful at killing them, I wanted to fight her hand to hand. My adventurer had leveled up so much that it shouldn't be much of an issue ...

... but then two other dwarves sprung from the woodworks. I tried retreating to a safe distance to fling my deadly axes but it was no use. One of them caught up, then all three caught up and they obliterated me.

All I managed to do was mangle a hand of one of them. Now I have to go out there and look -again-

Edit: Found the one with turtles on her head. Cut her in the head with a wooden sword. She died, the turtles climbed off the corpse and just wandered around for a bit. I doubt they make good armor, but since they are on the body as equipment ... I would guess they can work that way... but I don't know.

I'll tell you this though. Turtles make lousy projectiles!
« Last Edit: February 18, 2010, 04:39:39 pm by Aspgren »
The crossbow squad, 'The Bolts of Fleeing' wouldn't even show up.
I have an art blog now.

Duuvian

• Bay Watcher
  • Internet ≠ Real Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 20, 2010, 12:24:48 am »

Toady mentioned in an ask questions thread some time ago that dwarves can carry 3 vermin on their person, one on their head and one on each shoulder. I also think he said any extra ones are kept in a cage in their room.
FINISHED original composition:
https://app.box.com/s/jq526ppvri67astrc23bwvgrkxaicedj

Sort of finished and awaiting remix due to loss of most recent song file before addition of drums:
https://www.box.com/s/s3oba05kh8mfi3sorjm0 <-zguit
Pages: 1 [2]