Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Ability to sort/filter the list of things to bring to th  (Read 1119 times)

GameHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Ability to sort/filter the list of things to bring to th
« on: November 21, 2007, 11:23:00 pm »

Once you get a fortress going, trading becomes increasingly tedious.

When you select the trade depot and go to designate items to bring to the depot you often have to scroll through hundreds of things you have no intention of trading, all the while picking out bins that you do want traded.

An ability to sort the "bring to trade depot" list would be extremely helpful; either by text "finished goods" or even stockpile number.

Also, I would love it to death if you could name individual stockpiles - "rock craft stockpile #1" would be so much nicer than "finished goods stockpile #19"

Karlito

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Ability to sort/filter the list of things to bring to th
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2007, 11:32:00 pm »

Seconded!
This sentence contains exactly threee erors.

Aquillion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2007, 11:38:00 pm »

It would be even better if it divided them into categories like the stocks screen.  It could even let you ask that an entire category be brought to the trade depot; maybe you could customize a trade depot order (e.g. bring all bone crafts of quality XYZ.)  You could even leave standing orders...  maybe a noble could add this functionality, so you could leave them standing orders to bring all bone or stone crafts of below masterwork quality to the trade depot, and they'd do it automatically.
We don't want another cheap fantasy universe, we want a cheap fantasy universe generator. --Toady One

MindSnap

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2007, 06:49:00 pm »

I like this. Usually, when I trade, I only send the finished goods bins and nothing else. The giant list is neccessary to trade anything, but annoying.

Seshat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2007, 02:02:00 am »

I'd love the ability to selectively trade what's in a barrel. I've just switched to not mixing foods, specifically so I can trade my excess seeds without trading my necessary seeds.

Hm. I could add the excess seeds to what my trading stockpile will take....

Okay. I've got two workarounds. But I'd still love to be able to selectively trade what's in a barrel.   :)

Editted to add: I'd love to be able to sell excess seeds without selling the bags and barrels I desperately need.

[ November 26, 2007: Message edited by: Seshat ]

mineditall

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.eccentrix.com/members/kefka
« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2007, 07:54:00 am »

would be nice to select types or distance

i find it unneeded to sort through 40 barrels of food, 10 bins of tallow, and 60 mechanics

if i wanted to sell mechanics id place them surrounding my depot
if wanted to i would sell blocks of stone

instead i sell tattered worn clothes and what ever type of item they request at 200% (not sure if they are paying me 2x cost)

at the least let us have a similar stock screen to our stocks or stockpiles to choose from instead of a huge gigantic list
or have selections based on the book keeper's records

normal if 0 records up to date
ascending distance if 20%-100% up to date
and category list if 100% up to date

if 0-19% up to date records then there is no middle ground, you get normal

dont just behead, i behemoth!

Elvenshae

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2007, 12:48:00 pm »

I think, more generally, DF could benefit from some sorting algorithms.

This is especially true in the Trade screen (where sorting on distance, name, stockpile, etc. would be helpful), but would also be useful in other places (Stocks screen, jobs screen, etc.).

Patryn of Elvenshae

GameHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 27, 2007, 09:00:00 pm »

There's a lot of ways to sort items that would make trading a lot more palatable:

1) Distance filtering
2) Item type filtering
3) Stockpile name filtering
4) Custom stockpile names
5) Item quality filtering
6) Ability to pick items out of bins/barrels (I hate, hate, HATE when you get a mixed bin that sits on the trade depot forever because you have customized your stockpiles)

Help us out, Toady!