Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: 2010 Olympics - LATVIA!  (Read 4694 times)

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile
Re: 2010 Olympics - Skiing in the rain
« Reply #45 on: February 15, 2010, 09:40:53 pm »

Lol. It seems they failed again; this time all 3 of their zamboni machines were unable to work properly and so speed skating had to be delayed for like an hour.

Enzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: February 15, 2010, 10:12:41 pm »

Actually, I think the Zamboni dumped hot water all over part of the ice and it took them an hour to fix it...for the second time in two days. That's the story I heard, anyway, I'm not following too closely right now. I saw the mens moguls run we won gold for though. Them flips are impressive.

Qloos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: February 15, 2010, 10:27:02 pm »

I was working at the Alice Lake Checkpoint to Whistler.  U.S. Vice President came rushing through 2 days ago with about 10 cop cars.  The lead car was closing down intersections as they moved.  Must of been doing 120km through our 30km/h traffic zone.  I heard rumors he was acting pretty pompous up in Whistler with a large security detail. 

Then the day after the Governor General came through doing a respectable 40km with only a couple of squad cars.

Of course, his personal vehicle was labeled "Diplomat" which means, if he had ran me over, he would of had Diplomatic Immunity.

Today a Russian guy tried to come through without a pass, so I stopped him.  He pulled out a wad of Olympic events tickets about as thick as my wrist.  "I have tickets!"  he exclaims.  "You don't have a pass!"  I explain.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2010, 10:29:12 pm by Qloos »

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: February 16, 2010, 09:17:27 pm »

Check this out: http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/35425521/ns/world_news-vancouver_winter_olympics/

But aside from that, it’s been one problem after another for a games governed not so much by the Olympic creed as by Murphy’s Law.
“It is embarrassing,” said Norbert Baier, the International Biathlon Union’s technical delegate. “Why do we have this incompetence?”

The events schedule, meanwhile, looks like it’s been run over by a bobsled.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2010, 09:22:42 pm by alway »

xdarkcodex

• Bay Watcher
  • Watch in awe!
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: February 16, 2010, 11:37:09 pm »

Anything good happened in the Olympics? Can't watch it due to School and homework.
the statement below is true
the statement above is false

Enzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: February 21, 2010, 03:18:38 am »

Just got back from teh olympics.

My sister managed to get a whole shit load of tickets, since she has the kind of job where you can sit around waiting for the sales to open, and I managed to get some days off work so I figured I should take the opportunity and go, especially since she'd give me the tickets at face value. Despite my general disagreement with holding it here, this is the only time I'll get this opportunity, so I figured I should go for the sake of going.

Saw 1500 m long track speed skating, which we totally choked in, and the Czech Republic vs Latvia hockey game. The latter was actually pretty cool. The Czech team had something like 16 NHL players, the Latvian team had...1, I think. They were completely outclassed. After the Czechs scored 3 goals in the first 15 minutes and the croud started to fear it would be a blowout (that's no fun), everyone except the most diehard Czech fans started cheering for Latvia. The whole stadium was chanting. It was insane. I imagine the Czechs in crowd were wondering why we apparently hated them so much. The Latvians ended up scoring two goals, and their goalie only let one more in for the rest of the game, stopping 25+ shots after that. At the end Latvia pulled their goalie and got scored on from across the ice for a 5-2 final, but they preformed admirably considering their stated goal was to not be the worst team in the tournament.

I also watched our gold metal winning mens skeleton run from inside an incredibly loud pub, and got my picture taken with Quatchi. Surprisingly fun time, for all my ragging on the Olympics.

Enzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: 2010 Olympics - LATVIA!
« Reply #51 on: February 21, 2010, 03:18:58 am »

(WOOPS mispost ahm tired)
« Last Edit: February 21, 2010, 03:30:10 am by kinseti »

Calibur

• Bay Watcher
  • You all still have Zoidberg.
    • View Profile
Re: 2010 Olympics - LATVIA!
« Reply #52 on: February 21, 2010, 06:52:51 am »

Always been entertaining.

Especially the 3 games of Ice Hockey today....

RE the first post: You want the 2012 logo for Lisa Simpson giving head, not 2010.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]