Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Your favorite Tantrum Spiral.  (Read 1693 times)

Chaoseed

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Chaoseed Software
Re: Your favorite Tantrum Spiral.
« Reply #15 on: February 14, 2010, 12:14:33 pm »

I've never had a tantrum spiral yet. I tend to play for about five to eight years, enough to get everything set up the way I like it and enough weapon traps out front to instantly render anything stupid enough to even look at them the wrong way into a fine red mist, and I get bored and start a new fort, unless I'm working on some kind of project. The fact that my computer's a piece of crap and by the time I'm around my fifth year my computer has slowed to a crawl factors into it too. So.... yeah, no tantrum spirals yet. I'm looking forward to what my first one will be like, though.

This is how I usually play.  Except the ONE time when I played more like THIS:

I had a fort recently - 225 dwarves in year 11. I breached HFS and lost 23 champions to the fireclowns. Of course, the champions were friends with everyone...

First tantrum was at 203 dwarves. Six dorf-months later, the population had stabilized at 41. All the nobles were killed in the spiral, the replacements arrived in the middle of the ongoing mess, and all the replacements were killed. The 7 champions who survived HFS took out a 5-squad goblin siege during the spiral without missing a beat, then went back to starting fights. The survivors are still busy burying the dead ...

You should try it. ;)
Surprisepalace! Overseers wanted!
But they never would have given up either. And compared to sitting around in this prison for the rest of my life? Losing is fun.

Randall Octagonapus

• Bay Watcher
  • We gota get some medicine for the computer machine
    • View Profile
Re: Your favorite Tantrum Spiral.
« Reply #16 on: February 14, 2010, 09:43:19 pm »

I had a child that was legendary in all social skills and was friends with everybody walking in my fort entrance. Then a kobold ambushes him so he gets stunned and falls in a weapon trap with 10 steel axes in it. Limbs flew everywhere.
would you like a slice of one humped camel cheese or two humped camel cheese on that elf burger?
Pages: 1 [2]