Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Seed and plant troubles  (Read 549 times)

Nobbins

• Bay Watcher
  • Dustland
    • View Profile
Seed and plant troubles
« on: February 11, 2010, 07:21:44 pm »

Well, I'm modding the game and using a custom entity that farms underground crops. Problem is, when I attempt to embark, they won't supple me with seeds or the vegetables/fungi/fruit they provide. After the first few tries, I've checked the civs list by tabbing when looking for a site. I've genned about five different worlds, and nothing has worked.

The entity lives in mountainhomes and has the [INDOOR_FARMING] tag, he's one of the plants I've made:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Nobbins's Tileset Shoppe
It would mean that once a year, all of your female cats suddenly explode if there are any male cats around.

sunshaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Seed and plant troubles
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2010, 09:01:32 pm »

Your plant looks just fine.

Did you put them in a separate matgloss file? Sometimes the files can be buggy if not done just the way the game wants. I once had all my above ground plants in a separate file and could not use any of them because the name and headers didn't match (even hidden characters and spaces in the header can mess things up), I tried renaming the file and it still didn't work. What did work was creating a new file and being very careful about the file header and the file name.

Nobbins

• Bay Watcher
  • Dustland
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2010, 09:39:32 pm »

The file is called "matgloss_plant_nobbins.txt", and the header is the same without the .txt. Also, the mod and other plants worked perfectly fine before I fixed a typo involving the seed name of some glow caps I made. (had two 'spuds' as seeds, turned one into 'glow bulbs') After this, everything messed up. =[
Nobbins's Tileset Shoppe
It would mean that once a year, all of your female cats suddenly explode if there are any male cats around.

sunshaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2010, 09:47:04 pm »

Did you empty your ...\data\objects\ folder (not the ...\raw\objects\ folder with the .txt files)? If not that might be the problem, you should do this after every time you do a mod.

Nobbins

• Bay Watcher
  • Dustland
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2010, 10:03:18 pm »

I always do that, still no success.
Nobbins's Tileset Shoppe

Grimlocke

• Bay Watcher
  • *kobold noises*
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2010, 10:06:11 pm »

What the above poster says isnt entirly true, you only need to do that if you remove or rename any files (files, not raw entries) from the raw directory. The DF compiler automatically overwrites the data/objects files each time it starts.

Still it cant hurt. I realy wouldnt know what your problem is beside a typo in one of the plants you didnt post. You could try putting in just one of the plants at the time to see which one is giving you trouble.

Also make sure you have [OBJECT:MATGLOSS] at the top.
I make Grimlocke's History & Realism Mods. Its got poleaxes, sturdy joints and bloomeries. Now compatible with DF Revised!

Blakmane

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2010, 01:28:51 am »

*staggers out of retirement looking bleary eyed and hung-over*

Check to see if you have [START_BIOME:MOUNTAIN] in the entity raw. Disable all other start biomes but this one, gen a world and see if you get access to indoor plants. Too many start biomes will reduce the likelihood that a civ will start in mountains (and thus have access to cave rivers which supply your plants).

*collapses back into retirement*

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2010, 03:40:16 am »

What Blakmane said. Also, rename it from Blue Potato to Cave Pot. For awesomeness.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Nobbins

• Bay Watcher
  • Dustland
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 12, 2010, 03:25:26 pm »

What Blakmane said. Also, rename it from Blue Potato to Cave Pot. For awesomeness.

It was originally pot_cave, but it sounded much to generic. =[

Anyways, I think I should add [OBJECT:MATGLOSS] to it... ;-;

EDIT: Already had that tag, but I changed them to live in mountains. It now works. =D
« Last Edit: February 12, 2010, 04:13:46 pm by Nobbins »
Nobbins's Tileset Shoppe