Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Canadian Voters: Get in here. (Vancouver Safe Injection Site)  (Read 727 times)

Qloos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Canadian Voters: Get in here. (Vancouver Safe Injection Site)
« on: February 11, 2010, 08:41:05 pm »

Reference Material:

Despite numerous studies lauding Vancouver's Insite, (Safe Injection Site.)  A huge success in reducing disease rates, assisting in getting people off addiction and reducing the tax burden on 'fighting' a war on drugs.  The Federal government is appealing the BC's court of appeals decision to allow the site to continue operating.  The result has been protests during PM's Stephen Harper's visit to B.C.

As one of the only safe injection sites in North America and the revolutionary direction it is taking to combat addiction I feel this is important enough to affect who I vote for and give feedback to my MP about just how important this is.

If someone can source studies that paint a different image of the safe injection site, I will be most interested and welcoming of your input.  Other reference material of note will be added to the top list.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2010, 08:43:40 pm by Qloos »

Servant Corps

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Canadian Voters: Get in here. (Vancouver Safe Injection Site)
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2010, 09:46:24 pm »

Or, er, you know, you could just let the courts decide.  :(
I have left Bay12Games to pursue a life of non-Bay12Games. If you need to talk to me, please email at me at igorhorst at gmail dot com.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2010, 09:57:01 pm »

This is the exact kind of mentality that let that crazy chainsaw guy across the border into America.
Shoes...

Enzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2010, 10:35:00 pm »

...OK, I'm a little slow. What does assisting drug addicts in shooting up have to do with the crazy chainsaw guy?

Wiles

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2010, 01:02:32 am »

Don't you know they have more important things to spend their money on? Like the Olympics perhaps? Why waste money on social programs when you can blow it all for a little international prestige!

Enzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2010, 01:04:50 am »

Oh god, as a BC'er, don't even get me started on the Olympic bullshit.

Qloos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2010, 01:46:48 am »

Or, er, you know, you could just let the courts decide.  :(

If the courts rule against the safe injection site, then I will vote for a candidate who will reinstate legislation to allow the safe injection site. 

Quote from: Kinseti
Oh god, as a BC'er, don't even get me started on the Olympic bullshit.

Good man.

Tilla

• Bay Watcher
  • Slam with the best or jam with the rest
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2010, 02:06:32 am »

Safe injection sites should frankly be in every city. Needles are a serious hazard whenever travelling through seedier areas and the results of stepping on one can pretty much ruin your life. I'd hope they'd have the common sense to keep them open.