Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Preventing <animal>splosion  (Read 956 times)

Danjen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Preventing <animal>splosion
« on: February 12, 2010, 09:51:25 pm »

So, locking animals in cages prevents pathing and FPS issues. However, if I recall they won't become pregnant inside the cage, though they can still give birth. What I want to do is have all my female animals (or a number of them) chained up, so they can keep birthing, but have my male animals locked in cages, waiting to be butchered.

The problem with this is that when assigning animals to cages (via the cage 'q' menu), you can't see animal gender ... is there an easy way to determine the gender of them so I can segregate them easier?
Quote from: mrbobbyg
Hey, I'm cool with you tying a dog up and shooting it with a ballista if you're short on elves, but there's not need to lie about it to us.

darthbob88

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Preventing <animal>splosion
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2010, 10:34:24 pm »

Best method I know of is playing with the raws; the [SPECNAME] token allows you to set a specific name for certain instances, like, say, male creatures get their own name. Used the format [SPECNAME:MALE:male animal:male animals:male animal], where the last three are "name singular":"name plural":"adjective form".

Wiki

Danjen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2010, 10:39:32 pm »

Okay, so I just change the raws so it says Dog (M) or Dog (F) or something, huh? Will the male/female symbols work okay?
Quote from: mrbobbyg
Hey, I'm cool with you tying a dog up and shooting it with a ballista if you're short on elves, but there's not need to lie about it to us.

caknuck

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2010, 11:02:39 pm »

Okay, so I just change the raws so it says Dog (M) or Dog (F) or something, huh? Will the male/female symbols work okay?

Or just change the female to "bitch" and you'll be good.
Quote from: Primary
*Kneels before Urist Dickpuncher*

darthbob88

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2010, 03:19:00 am »

Should, they work just fine with cows and bulls. Haven't yet tried it myself, though.

Nirreln

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube channel
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2010, 01:08:52 pm »

It's called a butchery use it.
Quote from: a rather odd engraving
This is a masterful image of your FPS and the HFS. The HFS is committing a depraved act on your FPS.