Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Extra Punctuation  (Read 1013 times)

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Extra Punctuation
« on: February 11, 2010, 05:00:06 pm »

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/articles/view/columns/extra-punctuation

I can't believe I'm just noticing this now. Apparently Yahtzee has his own series of columns that runs paralell to his video series.

Wordier, and more filling.

Mr Tk

• Bay Watcher
  • Would you like a mint? It's only waffer thin.
    • View Profile
Re: Extra Punctuation
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2010, 07:48:53 pm »

Bookmark.

I know he has his own site, but usually the only updates are ones saying "There's a new video up!"
First ten minutes of play I ate my loincloth and then got some limbs torn off by a super friendly rat. Thumbs up from me.

Realmfighter

• Bay Watcher
  • Yeaah?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2010, 07:55:09 pm »

The first one is pure awesome.
We may not be as brave as Gryffindor, as willing to get our hands dirty as Hufflepuff, or as devious as Slytherin, but there is nothing, nothing more dangerous than a little too much knowledge and a conscience that is open to debate

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2010, 07:57:36 pm »

Quote from: Yahtzee
My theory is that space games died out because they're too easy to make. As mysterious and wonderful as space is, there doesn't seem to be that much in it. Rendering a big ol' cube of bugger-all and some particle effects probably doesn't look too good on a developer's resume. Well, fuck it - I wanted another game design project, so I've gotten hold of a version of Unity3D, and if I think space games are so easy to make, then they've got to be within my paltry technical skills. I'm going to bring back fun space games even if I have to do it all by myself. Fun Space Game might even do as a title. Now I just have to figure out how all this 3D business works.

All Hail The New Prophet
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Servant Corps

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2010, 08:02:40 pm »

He already did. It's called Space Adventures in Infinite Space or whatever, and I have it on my computer, but I haven't really had much fun with it. Once I abused a certain lucrative trade route, the game felt like a grind...and you know the game itself is terrible when one of the co-pilots said, "This is boring." while you're playing it.

Ironically, the mini-games was funner than the actual game.  I really enjoyed fishing and getting lynched by environmentalists whenever I killed a shark. :-\

It's a game where you're an abducted human, a Redshirt, who commands a spaceship after the previous commander got kidnapped. You can hire other Redshirts and beam them down planets to engage in adventure gameplay.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2010, 08:04:16 pm by Servant Corps »
I have left Bay12Games to pursue a life of non-Bay12Games. If you need to talk to me, please email at me at igorhorst at gmail dot com.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2010, 08:09:36 pm »

Actually Servant, the column where he said that was made two days ago, while that particular game has been out for a long time... It's not really what he was talking about, is what I'm getting at.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2010, 08:15:07 pm »

Thanks, now I have another RSS feed to read.