Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Enormous disc-shooter.  (Read 5131 times)

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
Re: Enormous disc-shooter.
« Reply #30 on: April 23, 2010, 01:16:39 pm »

It's from The Pitt expansion. Yeah, Fallout 3.

I can't wait when we get EXPLOSIVE weapons :P.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Adamantine Fist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 23, 2010, 01:40:06 pm »

Changed the ammo like this:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Why were all your numbers so high? your contact area was like 50000 or something...

Duplicate of the serrated disk trap component.
and D) involve Clippy, the helpful paperclip, to tell you what to do.
It looks like you are trying to commit elven genocide! What would you like to do?

Shakzen

• Bay Watcher
  • [Escutcheon]
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 23, 2010, 03:07:30 pm »

Changed the ammo like this:
Why were all your numbers so high? your contact area was like 50000 or something...

Duplicate of the serrated disk trap component.
I think a ninja star thing would be cooler, unless it's a modified ballista. That would be awesome, to bad it's hardcoded.

LucasUP

• Bay Watcher
  • Devout Cheeseist
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 30, 2010, 04:01:07 am »

This idea has piqued my interest. I HAVE ABSOLUTELY NO DF MODDING EXPERIENCE.
I'd really appreciate anyone who could look over this and tell me what I've done terribly wrong.

I can't seem to see a difference in changing weapon values, especialy SHOOT_FORCE. It seems to do the same damage even at 1 SHOOT_FORCE. Also the contact area/penetration size doesn't completly make sense to me, and I'm not seeing a huge difference here either. Is there a more laid out explanation of these values?
It also doesn't seem like the "slice/slices" verb does anything at all. Is this supposed to change what the combat log displays?

I've been mostly testing out value changes in the arena, do you need to re-gen a world every time you make a change for the arena? If so thats my problem.

Here's what I've done:

item_weapon_disc

building_disc

reaction_disc

Added the following in entity_default:

EDIT 1: Fixed a couple mistakes
EDIT 2: I didn't completely rename everything from "DISC_THROWER" to "DISC_GLOVE", was something I was in the process of. Fixed.
EDIT 3: Fixed needing carpenters for rock and masons for wood discs.

Dwarves shoot eachother like crazy in Arena mode.
And this all seems to work in Dwarf Mode!!! I can make disc gloves and discs. Although last time I tried I got a crash assigning military dwarves an outfit with "Disc Gloves".
I just really can't make heads or tails of what the values are supposed to be doing.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2010, 06:32:57 am by LucasUP »
OG founder of the Lazy Newb Pack

Ilmoran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 30, 2010, 08:35:11 am »

Edit: btw, once some form of explosions is moddable (i.e. with the magic arc) it'll be time to remake Starsiege: Tribes weapons..

Oh god... dwarves doing Spinfusor disk jumps will be.... messy...

LucasUP

• Bay Watcher
  • Devout Cheeseist
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 30, 2010, 11:06:55 am »

A problem i'm having with my mod, in addition to the frequent crashing in the military screen, when I manage to assign them Disc Gloves as a weapon, and then assign them ammunition though the proper menu, my dwarves will do silly things like dual-weild the Disc Gloves often in THE SAME HAND! and never take ammunition. How would I fix this? Make the size bigger? Or is it just a game bug? I know these are some of the problem with Crossbows in general right now.

Ilmoran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 30, 2010, 11:21:43 am »

A problem i'm having with my mod, in addition to the frequent crashing in the military screen, when I manage to assign them Disc Gloves as a weapon, and then assign them ammunition though the proper menu, my dwarves will do silly things like dual-weild the Disc Gloves often in THE SAME HAND! and never take ammunition. How would I fix this? Make the size bigger? Or is it just a game bug? I know these are some of the problem with Crossbows in general right now.

Game bug.  I've heard reports of people with dwarves wielding 2 steel swords in one hand, a wooden training sword in the other, AND a shield in EACH hand.  All on one dwarf.

Kaelem Gaen

• Bay Watcher
  • And then it appeared the most terrifying creature
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 30, 2010, 01:13:23 pm »

I read that bit on the ninja stars and all I could think of was the Cwellen  from  the Symphony of Ages book series

Mirefrost00

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 02, 2010, 06:55:09 pm »

A question comes to mind.  What skill would a disc glove be tied to, for Adventure Mode purposes?  Provided one has removed the word "crossbow" from all raw entries related to the disc glove and its ammo, the serrated disc, how might one start with one?

Perhaps a more appropriate question would be:  are the skills when creating a new adventurer hard-coded?  If so, what skill would be leveled when firing projectiles from a new ranged weapon?  It's not Throwing, although it is throwing.  :D

LucasUP

• Bay Watcher
  • Devout Cheeseist
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 03, 2010, 12:19:23 am »

I really don't know anything about adventure mode, so I'm not really sure what you're asking or how to answer, BUT
[RANGED:THROW:DISC]
THROW is what skill the weapon levels, in addition to Archery.
Unfortunately this seemed to crash the military screen in DF mode, so I changed it back to RANGE:CROSSBOW:DISC. Which then levels crossbow.

I'll quote the updated/changed version of the mod I posted in another thread:

I'm kind of interested in getting this working in adventure mode now though....
« Last Edit: May 03, 2010, 12:21:16 am by LucasUP »
Pages: 1 2 [3]