Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Dragon Inn: A slightly more structured roleplay?  (Read 1310 times)

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Dragon Inn: A slightly more structured roleplay?
« on: February 08, 2010, 07:31:27 pm »

Hello everybody. I'll be running a roleplay.

Accumulated Writtings: Ralph lan Michel, Exercitus Dia 2nd Class.

The Dragon Inn remain one of the strangest of locations. Generally speaking, it acts close enough to a normal plane to be classified as the Dragon Inn Plane by the Records, although this is disputed by some. As a plane, Dragon Inn is considerably smaller than average, measuring about 1.3 miles square. The terrain of the plane tends to be light wilderness of varying types. Deciduious forest or flowed grasslands tend to be the most common. A road runs diagnally down the plane, in the middle stands the titular Dragon Inn. The Inn usually takes the form of a two story building made with plank walls and a thatched roof. However, it has been observed as being brick or steel at times. The Inn is extremely strong, having survived direct hits from a Ragorith battle tank (Event: 5Hj-Rmk-b3A-jfb-b7J-warcm58). There is usually a hanging sign reading Dragon Inn. Inside, there is the tavern. The main floor is taken up with table and chairs of varying types, a large fireplace, and a bar. The top floor is taken up with bedrooms. The inside is probably larger than the outside.

The plane itself is somewhat unique in the fact that is will enter other planes temporarily. Reports of the Dragon Inn temporarily appearing in all sorts of places. Occasionally, non-aware life forms will be inside when it moves and will shift planes. The owner and only constant occupant of the Dragon is classified as an elipsion class power. The Inn itself is quite secure, both by the barkeep himself and any occupants. The Inn is a common stopping point for plane travelers and members of Exercitus Dia. Special note should be made of the fact that Rouge Divine are often found at the Inn (notably: Grey, Strife, and Gilgamesh). For this reason, the Inn should be considered quite secure. For example, the Ragorith Attack earlier mentioned was believed to be Battalion strength. It was decimated in only a few minutes by angelic forces (commanded by this writer) along with Grey and Strife (who are both at or near their strongest on the Plane) who were at the Dragon Inn during the event.

From what I can tell, the roleplays here tend to collapse after the GM isn't able to check God moding for any length of time. Therefore, I'm going to try an alternate method. PM any actions to myself, and I'll write updates to the Inn, or anywhere else that players end up. As per usual, note that this is my setting, with my rules. Hopefully, we'll be able to have a few divergent threads going on, so that there is always something happening.
Even the avatars expire eventually.

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dragon Inn: A slightly more structured roleplay?
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2010, 08:10:03 pm »

Status and things:!

Dragon Inn
Time: Mid-morning
Occupied by:
Barkeep (wearing worn apron)
     Behind the bar
Grey (black pants and a black shirt)
     Sitting in a booth in the corner
Strife (light blue trench-coat, KM-14)
     Sitting at a table in front of fire
Mission
2 soldiers (white armor)
     Sitting at bar
Kontos (caped soldier)

The story so far:
Mission walks into a bar. Strife is there with another guy, named Kontos. Mission asks something about Megis, which Strife doesn't know about. There are a couple of other people in the bar.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2010, 10:26:19 pm by Strife26 »

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2010, 08:13:13 pm »

Mission walks into the Dragon Inn, looking around curiously. He sees Strife and sits down. They are at a simple wooden table by the fireplace. The fire is pretty small, being mid-morning. There is a figure dressed in armor and a red cape at the table as well. At various other locations in the Inn are Grey, the Barkeep, and two white-armored soldiers.

"Ah, now that would explain this place's existence here. Hey Strife how's it going?"

"Hello, Mission. It's going pretty good for me at the moment. Nothing to terrible happening in the omniverse right now. I'm actually looking for something to do."

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2010, 10:24:35 pm »

"So you have any Megis, I ran out some time ago."

"I'm afraid I'm can't recall what Megis is, actually. Might be my normal situational amnesia, but would you mind telling me what it is? This is Kontos, by the way. Kontos, Mission."

The caped chap nods his head and murmurs a hello.

Hungry

• Bay Watcher
  • Former controller of Zombie Fenrir
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2010, 02:11:57 am »

(Can I be put back as being an unconscious meter long brown, red and black patterned 'horned' slug, on the bartop?)
Breccia isnt in DF, like garden slugs.
Cheese for the Cheese boat!

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2010, 07:50:58 am »

"Oh I kept the old bottle"

Mission hands the empty bottle over to Strife

He also nods back to the guy,
"Glad to meet you."

Strife grabs the bottle and pockets it, still trying to remember what it was. There is also a cat-avatar of Armok sitting on the fireplace. One of the white-armored soldiers at the bar curiously pokes the giant unconscious slug there.

Little appears in the Inn suddenly, smiling and giggling, a bottle of cheap wine in one hand and a homemade joint in the other. She looks around, staggering a bit, still giggling, Instead of her usual attire  of jeans and a leather jacket, she's wearing a rather revealing skirt and a tight t-shirt that amply shows she isn't wearing any bra underneath. She's still wearing her shoes though, the only place a concealed weapon would really fit right now.

"Sweet Christ, this again! Well, least not during a raid this time...I was in Rome, and it was a party like no tomorrow! No tomorrow!"

Kontos very quickly gets up and guides her to a seat. Little cheers for some reason, saying,

"Hey, guys! What's new? I'm a little tipsy...get it? Little?"

She giggles.