Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: With Friends like these...  (Read 1411 times)

Vincent

• Bay Watcher
  • Would you really butcher this kitty?
    • View Profile
With Friends like these...
« on: January 29, 2010, 04:36:17 am »

So I recruited a crapton of allies in adventure mode (playing as a speardwarf because of the piercey goodness), a mixture of Humans and dwarves. I had 2 spearmen, an axedwarf, A marksdwarf, another speardwarf, a lasher, and An axeman. The only Quests around were to kill kobolds, most of which were dead anyway because they'd settled right next to a chasm and a GCS was having fun making a meal out of them. So I decided to kill some elves.

However, there was a problem once I started my rampage. I noticed as I stood twisting my spear that my Allies were just standing about doing nothing- only the axedwarf got off his lazy ass and attacked another elf (He was murdered quickly because nobody else helped him). I'm certain my little raid would've gone better If my allies had assisted -- but why didn't they? Surely, they don't need a reason to stab some elves?
[CREATURE:VINCENT]
   [INTELLIGENT]
   [liKES_CATGIRLS]
   [NOCTURNAL]

Ze Spy

• Bay Watcher
  • I was your beginning - so shall I be...your end.
    • View Profile
Re: With Friends like these...
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2010, 06:15:05 am »

i got this kind of stuff before , except its a human town , if your allies see someone hit you , they will consider the attacker hostile , try that

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2010, 08:41:54 am »

i got this kind of stuff before , except its a human town , if your allies see someone hit you , they will consider the attacker hostile , try that
And if you steal or murder someone from their hometown they will try to kill YOU

Vincent

• Bay Watcher
  • Would you really butcher this kitty?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2010, 06:22:22 pm »

Thing is, They were standing right next to me doing nothing while they were beating me to death, and they were all from a entity not of the elves'. They fought just fine when we're ambushed by wolves, so what gives?
[CREATURE:VINCENT]
   [INTELLIGENT]
   [liKES_CATGIRLS]
   [NOCTURNAL]

monkeyfetus

• Bay Watcher
  • [prefstring:terrible puns]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2010, 01:58:21 am »

Your companions will only attack if they are an enemy of that particular civilization.
Why does my adventurer keep crying?
Greiger's is actually correct...  sadly enough.  The emotional circumstance processor is still turned on, with a randomly rolled up personality, but they can't express themselves or take control...  they can only cry.

Nagassh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2010, 05:39:36 am »

I had a party of elves with me (playing a dwarf hammerer) - raided a few caves, defeated a variety of things such as giants / cyclopses. Eventually came across a giant flying jellyfish enroute to a cave, after beating it senseless, whacking it back into a tree and having severed all but 2 of its tentacles and mangled its body, I was stunned by a sting - it crawled towards me and eventually strangled me over the course of a helluva lot of turns while I'm unable to react.

The elves watched.  :-\

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2010, 05:51:51 am »

A-ha, was that thing [NATURAL]? :D
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Nagassh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2010, 06:10:23 am »

A-ha, was that thing [NATURAL]? :D

Yup. Taught me the trechery of elves if nothing else, alas, finding people willing to join me was proving difficult, yet civilizations of elves wanted to join me for 'death or glory'. I accepted under the impression that I could offer atleast one.

Exiledhero99

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 11, 2010, 12:43:37 am »

I guess all my peeps are badasses.

Every time I fight anybody my allies go Rambo on everything: "animal vegetable, or mineral."
If you hit a dwarf with moving water with sufficient strength it will knock the baby out of the mother's arms.  The water can then be used to sweep the baby into a well or cistern for drowning.  The device which does this can also double as a mist generator.