Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Facing the big, bad Interwebs  (Read 522 times)

Hoborobo234

• Bay Watcher
  • For the revolution!
    • View Profile
Facing the big, bad Interwebs
« on: February 07, 2010, 05:37:06 pm »

Hay guys,

You know the Forum Games section? Is there any other forums that are big on this idea? would be really good to know as I feel like expanding my GM-ship into the other parts of the internet
Rather than having them directly force you to mine adamantine, I would suggest that they give you strange moods that require adamantine. "Dig out the adamantine or Urist here goes insane and dies" is suitably vicious.

(It occurs to me that you can probably get "Lovecraft" as the random name of your fortress. That's when you know you're screwed.)

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Facing the big, bad Interwebs
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2010, 09:13:50 pm »

xkcd has a pretty large forum games section.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Muz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2010, 10:26:58 am »

Half the forums I visit have a "forum games" section, officially or unofficially. Just go to any site with a large fan base.
Disclaimer: Any sarcasm in my posts will not be mentioned as that would ruin the purpose. It is assumed that the reader is intelligent enough to tell the difference between what is sarcasm and what is not.

Hoborobo234

• Bay Watcher
  • For the revolution!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2010, 11:59:10 am »

Ok thanks
Rather than having them directly force you to mine adamantine, I would suggest that they give you strange moods that require adamantine. "Dig out the adamantine or Urist here goes insane and dies" is suitably vicious.

(It occurs to me that you can probably get "Lovecraft" as the random name of your fortress. That's when you know you're screwed.)