Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Farmer not making farm...  (Read 1190 times)

Bingbing

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Farmer not making farm...
« on: April 01, 2010, 11:58:07 pm »

Ok, so the new version comes out...while I'm on vacation. Mercifully, abysmal traffic fails to keep me away from home, and I install the new version long after everybody else has.

The problem is that my farmer isn't making a farm plot. It is not the problem of not having mud (already taken care of, thank you Toady for the buckets!), it is just that he isn't doing it.

(The farmer is actually a she, but all dwarves are called 'he', because gender with them is about as important as relations with elves [i.e. worry about it only when it comes up])

The farmer in question apparently has poor focus, does this have anything to do with it?
Beware. Not of the E, or of the U, or even of the &, @, and b. Beware the #.<BR>(Translation:) Beware. Not of the elephants, or of the unicorns, or even the demons, carp, and badgers. Beware the husks, for they are relentless, corrupting, and unstoppable. Only the might of hell itself can even keep it in check; and only for a small period of time. If one sees such a being; run away, unless you like the idea of joining their ranks.

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Farmer not making farm...
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2010, 12:02:06 am »

Make sure that they havent suspended it...

If they haven't try suspending it then unsuspending it, that might wake him her up.

Bingbing

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Farmer not making farm...
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2010, 12:07:51 am »

Hang on, looks like I just forgot to build stairs into the farm area. (Let me tell you, not being able to dig downstairs a floor up from below is not a good thing)
Beware. Not of the E, or of the U, or even of the &, @, and b. Beware the #.<BR>(Translation:) Beware. Not of the elephants, or of the unicorns, or even the demons, carp, and badgers. Beware the husks, for they are relentless, corrupting, and unstoppable. Only the might of hell itself can even keep it in check; and only for a small period of time. If one sees such a being; run away, unless you like the idea of joining their ranks.