Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: TBS - Planetry Empires - 1AC  (Read 2815 times)

Keita

• Bay Watcher
  • Easily Confused
    • View Profile
Re: TBS - Planetry Empires - 1AC
« Reply #15 on: February 04, 2010, 06:22:23 am »

Changed second post with stats, need to finish the current stats.

Also as Lear has asked for workers to gather timber I thought that they were for then had an idea.

What if an action can be taken to increase the production of an action? Like for instance it decreased a year off of a construction if workers were sent to collect resources. Note that it will only work for construction, not to do with research.

Lastly I'm thinking of changing how one goes about making actions. either we go for a slightly complicated system of using logistics buildings or the simple way of planets having a set value.

Logistics:
logistics refer to ceartain buildings, artifacts etc that allow you to make more actions per turn. Not sure how it will exactly work but this is a WIP.

Planet Set Value:
This would depend on the planet. At the moment I'm thinking:
Home planet:4
Developt planet:3
colonised planet/ateroid colony/moon base:2

NOTE:These are basic actions, research are not included. This will aslo mean no faffing around with population.

I'm leaning towards the simple value as it will make the game run smother and make the beginning faster as well.
Gravity is a government conspiracy to keep us down

Shades

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 04, 2010, 06:44:40 am »

Assuming simple is an amalgamation of things like population and any construction bonuses and the like it makes sense.

We will need some kind of resources level as well though (else why are we all making mines and the like) and if the planet is a net producer of food or not. Allowing use to ship food to mining colonies and so on.
Its like playing god with sentient legos. - They Got Leader
[Dwarf Fortress] plays like a dizzyingly complex hybrid of Dungeon Keeper and The Sims, if all your little people were manic-depressive alcoholics. - tv tropes
You don't use science to show that you're right, you use science to become right. - xkcd

Keita

• Bay Watcher
  • Easily Confused
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 04, 2010, 06:51:38 am »

maybe I should put the game on hold or just make this a discussion thread?

Meh sod it.

Shades

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 04, 2010, 07:00:15 am »

A discussion thread might be an idea :) don't just let the game die although I'm guessing your finding it a lot more complex than you originally thought?
[Dwarf Fortress] plays like a dizzyingly complex hybrid of Dungeon Keeper and The Sims, if all your little people were manic-depressive alcoholics. - tv tropes
You don't use science to show that you're right, you use science to become right. - xkcd

Keita

• Bay Watcher
  • Easily Confused
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 04, 2010, 07:18:07 am »

Well I'm kinda tired and ill so yer.

Actualy I wanted it to be freeform, ie no resouces were needed to make specificte buildings as I wanted it all freeform and let people use there imaginations to make up stuff.

Shades

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 04, 2010, 07:30:35 am »

The problem with doing that is it gets hard to decide what we should limit ourselves to do as an action, especially as we start fighting each other. I think that is a flaw in the God games too :)

Karik

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 04, 2010, 11:04:01 am »

*ignore*
« Last Edit: February 04, 2010, 11:05:57 am by Karik »

Karik

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 04, 2010, 11:05:20 am »

Wow sorry I posted in the wrong thread -.-

Keita

• Bay Watcher
  • Easily Confused
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 04, 2010, 11:06:13 am »

That was unexpected.

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 04, 2010, 11:25:23 am »

Ah, we don't need complex rules. Use the planet set value scheme to determine amount of actions, and add bonuses to rolls as you see fit.
I, for one, believe I can deal with the rest my self in role-playing terms (eg, I won't build huge structures without a source of resources, I will not use planets until they can be lived on, ect.). When it comes to conflict, well, we can cross that bridge when we come to it, right?
Long Live United Forenia!

Keita

• Bay Watcher
  • Easily Confused
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 04, 2010, 04:02:43 pm »

hmm. Also I don't think we need resources really. It's thought that material is brought in.
Pages: 1 [2]