Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Most valuable/favourite NON-artifact item?  (Read 594 times)

Fuumin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Most valuable/favourite NON-artifact item?
« on: February 04, 2010, 09:29:20 am »

as the subject says, just started making a big deal of encrusting with gems, and looking at the results, i have discovered some rather interesting/valuable outcomes, and after reading the artifact thread was curious as to how awesome everyone elses fortunes are.
Best non-artifact non-adamantine item i can find in my current fortress(no screens because uploaded = effort):

This is a oaken bucket. it is encrusted with masterfully worked black diamond by goden dumatnazom and encircled with bands of exceptionally worked star ruby, exceptionally worked faint yellow diamond and exceptionally worked harlequin opal.the handle is made from exceptionally worked red diamond. this object menaces with spikes of exceptionally worked sapphire, exceptionally worked gray chalcedony and exceptionally worked bone opal.
on the item is an exceptionally designed image of tunnelbusted the exalted sorcery the obsidian mechanisms in resin opal by goden dumatnazom.
on the item is a masterfully designed image of itlud plaitcavern the human and cometvanish the alligator in milk quartz by godem dumatnazom. cometvanish is striking down itlud plaitcavern. the artwork relates to the killing of the human itlud plaitcavern by the alligator cometvanish in the roasted murk in 266.
on the item is a finely-designed image of lizards in citrine by eshtan nakuthingish.

oaken bucket, value:23010, not only is this the most valuable non-artifact in my fort at the moment, but the second is a chestnut bucket worth 16200!
sadly no metal yet, broke my magma smelting area and flooded the lower level of my fort with magma, sealed it off, now just waiting for it to fill up so that the magma squares are full again.

RandomNumberGenerator

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope.
    • View Profile
Re: Most valuable/favourite NON-artifact item?
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2010, 10:00:42 am »

I didn't even put effort into making it. I just told my dwarves to decorate furniture and they kept grabbing the anvil.
The end of the world is more fun then I expected.

Fuumin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2010, 10:10:02 am »

oooooh pretty! and yeh, the buckets were total coincidences too, odd since i have about 3k unsold stone crafts due to asking for too much heavy metal and the final wagon not arriving in time...

Grendus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2010, 11:26:12 am »

I love buckets, they're the only furniture I know of with a custom decoration - decorating them with bone will sometimes create a bone handle.

My best was a totem, which I used as an offering to get the queen, which depicted two battles and all four changes of power in my fortress (from farmer, to the second farmer, to the armorer, to a hauler with a very outgoing personality).Was worth a little over 21,000.

The most valuable I've seen was worth about 45,000. I bought an entire human caravan with it, plus a few pieces of clothing I threw in for profit.
A quick guide to surviving your first few days in CataclysmDDA:
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=121194.msg4796325;topicseen#msg4796325