Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Goblin/Dwarven Civ  (Read 697 times)

UndeadLenin

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Goblin/Dwarven Civ
« on: January 31, 2010, 10:52:25 am »

Ok so I started a new fort, and began setting things up. When my caravan arrived I noticed oddly that I had a funny name for my liason, Bax Snarstoshbub. Then I noticed he was a goblin. Checking further into this. The dwarven ruler is a Goblin queen, and have the people in the civ list are goblins. Anybody know of other times this sorta thing has happended? Also how do i look further into this?

SugaSuga

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Goblin/Dwarven Civ
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2010, 10:56:27 am »

Legends mode. Save your region folder on your desktop, then abandon fort and start a game in legends. I also suppose it would be possible to try and kill the queen in adventurer mode.

Beanchubbs

• Bay Watcher
  • Khorne Flakes: Crunchy & Delicious
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2010, 12:50:06 pm »

The most noteworthy instance of this was Cacame, the most badass elven king of dwarves ever. But yeah, different races taking notable positions in a civilization isn't too uncommon. What happens is that in world gen, a civ might take over a different civ's town and the conquered people integrate themselves into the conquerers civ. Sometimes they rise up to important positions, like king/queen or diplomat etc.
Yikes, the Orcs have a nasty language.  Traditional foreplay would be right out for them; how would they ever "say my name" for one another?  No wonder Ocrs are always so bloodthirsty and violent, they're getting sub-par action.

GrafZeppelin

• Bay Watcher
  • The Saddest Dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2010, 01:04:48 pm »

Luckily they take on the ideals of the civ they are controlled by. If your ruler is of a different race, chances are they were deemed dwarfy enough to be a leader.

Quantum Toast

• Bay Watcher
  • Schrödinger's Breakfast
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2010, 12:43:43 pm »

Indeed, might want to check if you've found another Cacame.
That would be as deadly to the wielder as to anyone else!  You'd sever your own arm at the first swing!  It's perfect!

o_O[WTFace]

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2010, 03:58:09 pm »

Yea look through the legends and see if they have an unquenchable thirst for goblin blood and alcohol.  Thats what makes someone a dorf, rather then shortness or cave adaptation or whatever. 

Keep in mind its buggy, so if your queen shows up she won't really do much of anything.   
« Last Edit: February 01, 2010, 04:02:14 pm by o_O[WTFace] »
...likes Dwarf Fortresses for their terrifying features...

Sir Iryn

• Bay Watcher
  • Fier et fort
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2010, 08:16:26 pm »

Can't you make them act normal via Dwarf Companion?
When in deadly danger,
When beset by doubt,
Run in little circles,
Wave your arms and shout.
"Well, everything's going to shit, but on the bright side, My coffin industry is doing very well."

Aspgren

• Bay Watcher
  • Every fortress needs a spike pit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2010, 03:58:41 am »

edit: nevermind. i checked the wiki
« Last Edit: February 02, 2010, 04:02:44 am by Aspgren »
The crossbow squad, 'The Bolts of Fleeing' wouldn't even show up.
I have an art blog now.