Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Tileset assignments  (Read 759 times)

ArPharazon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Tileset assignments
« on: February 06, 2010, 07:33:07 pm »

I've been trying to cook up my own tileset, but one problem I have is I am not sure exactly which objects can have custom tiles and which cannot. While the wiki article has been extremely helpful, I suspect it has slight inconsistencies and I'd like to be sure of what my options are when deciding on the tiles.

So, the way I understand it, the following things can have custom tiles (that is I can set which tile they will use):

• All stones except Bauxite, Borax, Calcite, Cinnabar, Cobaltite, Cryolite, Graphite, Hornblende, Ilmenite, Lignite, Orpiment, Pitchblende, Satinspar, Selenite.
  • All ores and unmined gems (but all unmined gems look the same).
  • All crops.
  • All trees except Cedar, Feathertree, Saguaro, Tower-caps, leafless winter trees.
  • Shrubs, saplings and withered plants.
  • Turtles, Manta Ray, Cave Lobster, Fish(except a few which get graphic tiles under /raw/), jellyfish and "vermin". Presumably, if several vermin are displayed as a "period" they can be assigned different tiles.
  • Glowing eyes of kobolds.

I am disregarding usages in the world map and/or adventure mode (my mention of glowing eyes aside).

Have I got it correct? Can any other objects have a custom tile assigned (I don't mean the creatures, but those that can be assigned to any tile in the tileset file)? Are any of those I mentioned not actually customizable?

Any help would be much appreciated.