Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Trading Nobles  (Read 538 times)

Detoxicated

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McCarpenter
    • View Profile
Trading Nobles
« on: February 01, 2010, 08:47:51 am »

I think nobles should become more useful, not saying that they should lose their mandate making way but i personally believe they should take some tasks off of you once the fortress is big enough... Trading for instance, could be automated to a point. You'd appoint a Trader Noble who makes the deals with foreign nations, then according to the deal he'd mandate the creation of said items... After the items are created they are untouchable, unless you specifically unmark them, and once the caravan arrives they are traded automatically... This seems more realistic then having you create every item yourself...

Darkond2100

• Bay Watcher
  • Intrepid Groundhog
    • View Profile
Re: Trading Nobles
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2010, 11:17:49 pm »

When I saw that title, I thought; A WAY TO GET RID OF MY NOBLES EVERY SEASON! HORK THEM ONTO THE HUMANS AND ELVES! Cus that would be a good idea too, yanno.
your hoard, your dwarves, and your fortress.
I prefer Hoard, Horde, and Hovel...

Doomshifter

• Bay Watcher
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2010, 02:11:16 am »

I also thought that you meant to trade them for other nobles when I first read it.
"I'll trade you three dukes and a King Consort for those two dungeon masters and the philosopher."
Add me on PesterChum! My chumhandle is doomedHermit.
Right now Rampages seem to be Godzilla quietly walking into Tokyo, biting the leg off of one reporter... then creeping off again without a sound.

Darkond2100

• Bay Watcher
  • Intrepid Groundhog
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2010, 02:59:59 am »

"Throw in 2 babies, 1 baron, and 1 count, and we'll give you 75 extra wafers of Adamantine. We have a deal?"

We DO already have a slaver ethics slot. Is it used?: [ETHIC:SLAVERY:PUNISH_CAPITAL]
your hoard, your dwarves, and your fortress.
I prefer Hoard, Horde, and Hovel...