Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Adding Labors  (Read 490 times)

Eztuzt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Adding Labors
« on: February 10, 2010, 02:15:03 pm »

I'm trying out the Chaos Reigns mod and just struck raw adamantine. So I was happy, then I went look at one of my humans and noticed they don't have the strand extraction labor. So I was wondering what you have to change in the raws to enable strand extraction for them.
In August of 1943, while serving as skipper of the PT-109, John F. Kennedy's boat was ripped in two by the Japanese destroyer Amagiri. Kennedy and his crew were tossed into the water and surrounded by flames. Kennedy, despite a chronic back injury and an even more chronic boning-induced-exhaustion, managed to swim four hours to safety while towing an injured crewman by the life jacket strap with his teeth. His fucking teeth!

Eztuzt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Adding Labors
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2010, 02:56:38 pm »

Come on guys, I'm getting view but no answer. This question cant be that hard, all it should need is the location.
In August of 1943, while serving as skipper of the PT-109, John F. Kennedy's boat was ripped in two by the Japanese destroyer Amagiri. Kennedy and his crew were tossed into the water and surrounded by flames. Kennedy, despite a chronic back injury and an even more chronic boning-induced-exhaustion, managed to swim four hours to safety while towing an injured crewman by the life jacket strap with his teeth. His fucking teeth!

o_O[WTFace]

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2010, 04:03:21 pm »

Go into a stock entity_default, find the entry in the dwarf civ that sounds right and paste it into the modded entity for the humies.  The clear your data/objects folder and try it.  Could require a regen though, ive never really had good luck tinkering with the civ entities. 
...likes Dwarf Fortresses for their terrifying features...

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
    • Regeneration: Forced Evolution
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2010, 10:03:09 pm »

more right to the point humans (entity) don't have the [JOB:STRAND_EXTRACTOR] didn't spell it right and don't think thats the accually tag but just look at the dwarf (entity) it should be near the bottom, before the ethics

ah here it is
Code: [Select]
[PERMITTED_JOB:STRAND_EXTRACTOR]   
just drop that into the Humans entity and tada! insta job (don't think regen is required) have fun

Arrkhal

• Bay Watcher
  • Who modded in these flying killer attack babies???
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2010, 10:20:45 pm »

Try it, but I'm pretty sure any and all entity file changes require a regen.
In development: Arrkhal's Material and Weapon balance
Please test and let me know what still needs fixing.  And get these freakin' babies offa me!