Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: SimMars  (Read 2352 times)

Muz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: SimMars
« Reply #15 on: January 28, 2010, 12:18:23 pm »

I get the feeling that Mars-Sim is how SimMars would've ended up. It looks about as fun as Oregon Trail or the original Slaves to Armok. Someone tell me whether it is? :P
Disclaimer: Any sarcasm in my posts will not be mentioned as that would ruin the purpose. It is assumed that the reader is intelligent enough to tell the difference between what is sarcasm and what is not.

Shades

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 28, 2010, 12:21:09 pm »

It looks about as fun as Oregon Trail or the original Slaves to Armok. Someone tell me whether it is? :P

Doesn't that depend how fun you thought those were?

Its like playing god with sentient legos. - They Got Leader
[Dwarf Fortress] plays like a dizzyingly complex hybrid of Dungeon Keeper and The Sims, if all your little people were manic-depressive alcoholics. - tv tropes
You don't use science to show that you're right, you use science to become right. - xkcd

Muz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 28, 2010, 03:12:54 pm »

Lol, I mean like fun to play, intriguing, but like repetitive after a while, with not much to do.
Disclaimer: Any sarcasm in my posts will not be mentioned as that would ruin the purpose. It is assumed that the reader is intelligent enough to tell the difference between what is sarcasm and what is not.

Sowelu

• Bay Watcher
  • I am offishially a penguin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 28, 2010, 03:48:16 pm »

You know, I couldn't actually figure out anything to do.  It kind of runs all by itself.

I might have been more interested if
A) there was a way to create new colony sites,
B) there wasn't a bug that prevented it from realizing that yes, I DID have concrete in my stockpiles, so I could build foundations,
C) I had some clue how to make steel.
Some things were made for one thing, for me / that one thing is the sea~
His servers are going to be powered by goat blood and moonlight.
Oh, a biomass/24 hour solar facility. How green!

kulik

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 28, 2010, 04:47:17 pm »

In Mars-sim really interesting things can happen:
Diseases
Starvation
Emotional breakdowns
Base fire
Mortal injuries
...never managed to get them, everything runs always smoothly. :(

Once i tried to stick two astronauts who hated each other on a long ice prospecting mission and the worst that happened is that they ended a bit stressed out. ...damn i was hoping for a knife fight in EVA suits. :D
The game play itself basically on its own. Maybe if they added scenario mode in which you can modify things and simulate some events...
Pages: 1 [2]