Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: 2159: Fallout takes the Caveman Story  (Read 1508 times)

Hoborobo234

• Bay Watcher
  • For the revolution!
    • View Profile
2159: Fallout takes the Caveman Story
« on: February 06, 2010, 12:18:03 pm »

This is basically my old caveman story which fell out of use some time at the end of last year, the controls and gameplay are the same except you are expected to fight more and face new dangers in the 22nd century.

==The setting==

It is 2159, 150 years since the Last Bomb fell in the First Great War. Little is known about the war itself as it was over in a matter of hours, flattening the whole of Continental USA, Europe and Asia. Little now remains of Human civilization, except from a few million scattered across the World.
 The ecology of Planet earth has flourished after the 20 year Nuclear Winter, allowing Forests and Plains to reclaim Farmland and Cities. After using the new, Mutanium Bombs during the war, many animals and plants had Evolution accelerate by a 10,000 Generations, Changing subtly yet dangerously.
 2 fresh, slightly inbred, Young Men and Women break out from their Bunker which protected them from the Radiation until Break Date, Today (29th April 2109), leaving the rest of their Family behind and facing the world, to populate the Earth again and to learn from the mistakes of the past.

==Your Tasks==

* Create your characters based upon:

-- Education
 -- Physical Attributes (this isn't going to be high considering this is their first time out doors)
 -- Talents
 -- Appearance

« Last Edit: February 07, 2010, 05:20:46 pm by Hoborobo234 »
Rather than having them directly force you to mine adamantine, I would suggest that they give you strange moods that require adamantine. "Dig out the adamantine or Urist here goes insane and dies" is suitably vicious.

(It occurs to me that you can probably get "Lovecraft" as the random name of your fortress. That's when you know you're screwed.)

Jetsquirrel

• Bay Watcher
  • In the end, i will win.
    • View Profile
Re: 2109: Fallout takes the Caveman Story
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2010, 12:33:12 pm »

do we have a amount of piotns to spent in talents and attributes?

Hoborobo234

• Bay Watcher
  • For the revolution!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2010, 12:37:54 pm »

Ooh, thats a good one. Ok, I think Im gonna go with a TechTree Style system where you can pick two Entry Level Skills, but you build up these skills in the outside world with Exp points, or how many times you use that skill or train/research it. For this Game A skill can be equal to Knowledge (For Example: Entry Level | Zoologist) and skills in the "traditional" sense (For Example: Entry Level | Hand gunman).

Attributes are similar but using different Affixes (Fairly/Very/Professionally/Insanely/Inhumanly Strong etc.)
Rather than having them directly force you to mine adamantine, I would suggest that they give you strange moods that require adamantine. "Dig out the adamantine or Urist here goes insane and dies" is suitably vicious.

(It occurs to me that you can probably get "Lovecraft" as the random name of your fortress. That's when you know you're screwed.)

LeoLeonardoIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Plump Helmet McWhiskey
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2010, 02:23:15 pm »

I hereby create Squirts, the female Future Cavewoman. She's good at basket weaving, foraging, identifying useful plants, building fires, and carrying junk.

She's short and skinny, bad complexion, long stringy brown-blond hair, brown eyes, and a weak chin. She chews her fingernails and likes to be outdoors.
The Expedition Map
Basement Stuck
Treebanned
Haunter of Birthday Cakes, Bearded Hamburger, Intensely Off-Topic

Jetsquirrel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2010, 03:04:32 pm »

Awakened comes Grindar as a caveman he is good at Examination, observation, digger and eater. he is big and bulky but slwo as hell. Brown hair a big gorrilla like mouth, likes to sleep

Hoborobo234

• Bay Watcher
  • For the revolution!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2010, 06:40:03 am »

Name: Squirts

Appearance: Pale, Stringy Blond-Brown Hair, Weak Chin, Short, Skinny

Skills: Entry Level | Botanist
         Entry Level | Fire Building

Attributes: Fairly Panicky
               Short

------------------------

Name: Grindar

Appearance: Large, Muscular, Ape Like

Skills: Entry Level | Examiner
         Entry Level | Digger

Attributes: Fairly Strong
                Fairly Observant
                 Slow

---------------------------

You need:

* Two more People (1 Man, 1 Woman)
  * Choose your basic Inventory (Food, Tools [albeit not very much of each])
« Last Edit: February 07, 2010, 05:21:20 pm by Hoborobo234 »

Jetsquirrel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2010, 06:49:19 am »

i want a pickaxe and some meat with water

Hoborobo234

• Bay Watcher
  • For the revolution!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2010, 07:04:46 am »

[GM Note: You know this is Post-Nuclear Chicago right?]

You start with 300 Points.

The inv. table is like this:

Dawg: 300 points -- Trusty mutated canine companion

Hand Gun: 150 Points -- With no Ammo

Hand Gun ammo: 130 Points -- Ammo for Hand Gun

12 Pack of Frozen Hamburgers: 50 Points -- Frozen Meat Patty

6 Pack of Cheese Whiz: 30 Points -- Cheese Whiz

6 Pack of Pepsi: 30 Points -- Energy Drink

Loaf of Bread: 90 Points -- Fresh (Not Stale) Bread

Map of Chicago: 100 Points -- Useful Map (made before the War)

« Last Edit: February 07, 2010, 05:21:42 pm by Hoborobo234 »

Hoborobo234

• Bay Watcher
  • For the revolution!
    • View Profile
Re: 2159: Fallout takes the Caveman Story
« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2010, 05:20:21 pm »

Meh, im feeling like a bastard. You start with nothing but the Clothes on your backs and a Klondike Bar.

You clamber out of the Nuclear Bunker that has kept your family safe for 6 Generations. You appear to be in the back of a shop. To the north there is a large Window, shrouded with dust. To the west, behind you, is the bunker, filled with the rest of your family, too paranoid and scared to face the world. To the south is a wall, on the shelves are dusty packets of cigarettes and liquor bottles. To the east and north are shelves lined with food, drink and other necessities.

What do you do?

LeoLeonardoIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Plump Helmet McWhiskey
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2010, 05:37:29 pm »

Oh god those cigarettes had better be good still.

> Grab anything weapon-like, even an old mop if there is one, and creep around the store watching for anything moving.
The Expedition Map
Basement Stuck
Treebanned
Haunter of Birthday Cakes, Bearded Hamburger, Intensely Off-Topic

Hoborobo234

• Bay Watcher
  • For the revolution!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 07, 2010, 05:49:12 pm »

The pair continue towards the North-Facing window. On the way, Grindar picks up a length of metal (possibly iron) bar and Squirts picks up a "Caution: Slippery When Wet" Sign. They progress towards the open door.

The outside is bleak. City streets, lined with high-rise buildings, stretch off to the east and west. to the direct north there is a large high-rise Office block made of Glass and Steel. Near the top of the building, lies a huge gaping crater, smearing the lip of the crater is a viscous blood. Beyond the gap, nothing is visible except from a teetering office chair.

The road, littered with debris, is engraved with Caterpillar Tracks, as if many Tanks had transversed the inner-city Street. The sky is a misty Blue-Brown, dotted with Thick white clouds, the air is fresh and clean to breath. Amongst the top of some of the squatter buildings, fresh vegetation grows, some of it rippling with life.

To the east and west stretch the street, to the far west there is something large, squat and deep green. To the east, the road continues to a point, far in the distance, where a building has fallen and is propped by another skyscraper.

What happens next?