Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Extreme growth  (Read 3640 times)

Muz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Extreme growth
« Reply #15 on: January 26, 2010, 12:30:57 am »

Spore is the only game that has what you described. That's why everyone was so excited (and disappointed) about it.
Disclaimer: Any sarcasm in my posts will not be mentioned as that would ruin the purpose. It is assumed that the reader is intelligent enough to tell the difference between what is sarcasm and what is not.

xdarkcodex

• Bay Watcher
  • Watch in awe!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 26, 2010, 01:12:46 am »

It was suppose to be out in 2005...than may 8th 2007...than than march 31st 2008 and it finally got released later than expected on September 2008.
the statement below is true
the statement above is false

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 26, 2010, 10:12:30 am »

with everything gutted without a word of how much its changed....Witch im calling false advertisment on, but if we start complaining about spore then this thread will most likely get locked so back to games with massive growth.

HideousBeing

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 27, 2010, 02:24:17 am »

I like the idea behind these games, it kind of reminds me of Gurren Lagaan, but very few games have managed to make the progression actually fun. Katamari dynasty is pretty much the only one I can think of that was actually good.

zestorum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 27, 2010, 08:05:20 am »

Civilization I,II,III,IIII or Revolution?

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 27, 2010, 08:29:50 am »

with everything gutted without a word of how much its changed....Witch im calling false advertisment on, but if we start complaining about spore then this thread will most likely get locked so back to games with massive growth.

Ohh they said plenty of words.

Though I guess more could have been done to get that info into everyone's hands.

Afterall ANYTIME anyone asked for information on GameFAQs on Spore they would just send them the very first demonstration despite it basically being debunked 6 months later.

Evo the search for Eden could sort of count.

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 27, 2010, 12:11:34 pm »

Wow that EVO thing looks fun, i just have one question though.

I saw the last boss this guy fought as a dragon type thing.....Is that what you will eventually turn into, or can you become other types of creatures based on what you evolve?

Empty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 27, 2010, 01:18:55 pm »

EVO is set up in stages.

First is fish.
Second is reptile.
This is dino.
/etc

You can evolve in a few different things in each stage depending on what body parts you take.
There are some secret evolutions as well.
At the end you can choose to either give up your dino body, switch to a flying body, get a secret mermaid body, mamal body and even an human body.

I think to become a human you'd need to become a rabbit first.

Still Evo is a very fun game :P

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 27, 2010, 02:14:06 pm »

The Dragon (and a few other transformations) cannot be obtained in game. You get it from special power ups and you temporarily transform.

IF you save that transformation then you can turn into it later.

sproingie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 27, 2010, 04:03:38 pm »

Is there anyway to get EE for free? I mean, it's pretty much abandonware as far as i know.

Abandonware is an outdated concept, today.  Pretty much any game from the last fifteen years that's good enough to want to download, is still being sold legitimately and benefiting the creators.  Even older games are being added to Steam and stuff all the time!

<voice gameshow-host="dick dawson">
Showwwww meeeee, Planescape Torment!
</voice>

X
Toady is the man who Peter Molyneux wishes he was

Quote from: ToadyOne
dragon pus was like creamy gold. Infect and collect!

Sowelu

• Bay Watcher
  • I am offishially a penguin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 27, 2010, 04:30:27 pm »

<voice gameshow-host="dick dawson">
Showwwww meeeee, Planescape Torment!
</voice>

Dude.  You can get it off Amazon for fifteen bucks.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B00002EPZ2/ref=dp_olp_new?ie=UTF8&condition=new
And that's in the original box, too...
Some things were made for one thing, for me / that one thing is the sea~
His servers are going to be powered by goat blood and moonlight.
Oh, a biomass/24 hour solar facility. How green!

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 28, 2010, 11:49:09 am »

I played planescape, it was fun but not fun enough for me to finish it.....And i don't see anything related to what im asking in it.

EVO sounds awsome, where can i get it?

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 28, 2010, 12:13:57 pm »

EVO is an old and fairly rare SNES game. I heartily second it. Mind you, its fairly linear, though after the dino stage you get a couple of choices of what to end up as. Like the guy said, Dino, Bird, Mammal. To start the human transformation, you need to be a mammal with a weird combo of face and body. However, if you start that, you don't have any ability to come back from it. Make sure you save a bird form, its flight is very useful.
Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.

Bluerobin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 29, 2010, 12:48:24 am »

I definitely third EVO. Like beorn said it's fairly linear, but it's definitely good for at least a couple playthroughs, especially since I seem to remember most of the eras having at least two categories of evolutions to try out. Mind you, most of the time one was quite obviously better than the other, but it's still work playing through again just to see how different evolutions affect your playstyle.

(Painful story of my dad playing games: He saw my brother and me playing EVO one night and offered to just play around killing things gaining evo points for us. He stayed at it for an hour or so I think, maybe more, but he just saved the character, not the game, so he didn't save the points... We had to fake that he did this awesome thing for us and that we really appreciated it, which we did, we just didn't get any benefit from it :()
« Last Edit: January 29, 2010, 12:50:51 am by Bluerobin427 »
The moment the lever was pulled, somebody's pet kitten stepped onto the bridge. I read somewhere that if a cat falls more than 11 stories, it instinctively flares its legs out to increase air resistance. This slows it down enough to stick the landing with relatively minor injuries. In Dwarf Fortress, apparently, cats don't do that.

utilitas

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 29, 2010, 11:25:38 am »

I know of a game at least a little corresponding:Hexcelle.
Search it.
A lot of growth(if you play it right) and you can always improve your abilities,weapons and defenses.
Pages: 1 [2]