Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Magma factory  (Read 3604 times)

DDR

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Frogatto
Re: Magma factory
« Reply #15 on: January 25, 2010, 07:08:31 am »

I generally make my rooms 11x11 tiles, because that's easy to designate and works well with 3x3 shops. I'd have to dump 874 rocks into magma to fill up one room.

Volcanoes, otoh, could erupt. That would be Fun. ;D
Il Palazzo: "Urist, quick, grab your ax! There's a troll rampaging through the decimal conversion chambers!"
melomel: DF is like OCD candy, isn't it? existent: No, DF is like the stranger in the trench coat offering the candy.

o_O[WTFace]

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 25, 2010, 08:01:55 pm »

I assume that someday magma really will be rock melted by heat diffusing out of hell rather then just a liquid that burns things it touches and can cast obsidian.  Really when you think about it rock is everywhere, heat is the secret ingredient that turns it into magma.
...likes Dwarf Fortresses for their terrifying features...

Darkond2100

• Bay Watcher
  • Intrepid Groundhog
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 26, 2010, 10:52:58 pm »

We must remember that walls are indestructible by any non-Dwarves, even magma does not enough raw power in awesome shortness like a Dwarf. I don't want this going the way of Magma going through walls and Magma Pipes slowly eating away your map over time. That's not Fun at all. Dwarves mine Earth to get Stone. Magma can melt and grow off of Stone, but has no affect on Earth.
your hoard, your dwarves, and your fortress.
I prefer Hoard, Horde, and Hovel...
Pages: 1 [2]