Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: New underground features  (Read 558 times)

Thanshin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
New underground features
« on: January 26, 2010, 04:10:24 am »

I have a question for those who've read all updates on the new features more carefully.

As I understand it, a base of the new underground features is that while digging we'll find, from time to time, inhabited, already dug, caves.

The question is: Will we see the entire cave as we breach the first tiny little hole? Or will some kind of fog of war be implemented.

Lav

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: New underground features
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2010, 04:23:13 am »

It has been mentioned that underground features will not become visible instantly and you will have to actually explore them. Though I'm not sure if it relates to Adventure or Fortress mode or both.
Seems to be the way with things on this forum; if an invention doesn't involve death by magma then you know someone's going to go out of their way to make sure it does involve death by magma... then it gets acknowledged as being a great invention.

Thanshin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: New underground features
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2010, 04:46:15 am »

It has been mentioned that underground features will not become visible instantly and you will have to actually explore them. Though I'm not sure if it relates to Adventure or Fortress mode or both.

I hope it's both, as viewing them instantly kind of defeats the purpose of having a new danger source underground (you could just wall the entrance you just built and avoid the cave entirely).