Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Bring this man food and water.  (Read 938 times)

Slappy Moose

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Bring this man food and water.
« on: January 29, 2008, 12:02:00 am »

Let's face it, dwarves are stubborn ass hats that were never meant to be doctors. That's why so many starve to death because they are crippled in bed.

My solution?

A command under the V menu that says "bring this guy food and water."

I have had a peasant with only the health care job activated, and while 5 people were starving and dehydrated he had no job. Either fix the doctoring system, or add this feature, I hate watching my guys starve.

Zaneg Thazor: Armok Reincarnate Story http://www.bay12games.com/forum/index.php?topic=19291.msg196691#msg196691

[Healthcare Update Thread] Personally, I can't wait for doctors to get possessed and start surgically attaching axes to champion soldier's arms.

BurnedToast

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
Re: Bring this man food and water.
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2008, 04:41:00 pm »

The only problem I've ever had is that if you have no water to bring them, they won't get food brought either. they will only do it in order, drink then food.

If I have water and food available, I've never had a dwarf not bring some - even without setting up special 'health care' dwarves.

An ambush! curse all friends of nature!

Sofaspud

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2008, 04:31:00 pm »

I've never had a *civilian* starve, but it appears that ordinary working-class dwarves don't appreciate the military, and will happily let them perish.

If I take the injured dwarf out of the military, food and drink arrive in short order.

Can't... stop... laughing...:<BR>"... but at least in DF if Elves chained themselves to trees it would just mean an extra ax stroke or two." --Forumsdwarf<BR>"Would the owner of the red GCS silk socks, please pick them the f*** up, you left your FPS void on." --MadJax

Fedor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2008, 08:50:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Slappy Moose:
<STRONG>Let's face it, dwarves are stubborn ass hats that were never meant to be doctors. That's why so many starve to death because they are crippled in bed.</STRONG>
I lost a good dwarf that way recently.  Had plump helmets, water, buckets, plenty of dwarves with the health care labor, and the wounded guy was "resting".  And, no, he wasn't in the military even.  I just don't know what happened, and that ticks me off.
Fedor Andreev is a citizen of the Federated Endeavor. He is a member of the Wandering Minds.

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2008, 03:09:00 pm »

The way the first post was formulated gave me an idea; couldn't that option aply also to healthy dwarves so your [dwarf doing something very important and time critical] don't have to run across the map to eat and drink
So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...