Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Forum Game Idea?!  (Read 1798 times)

Azkanan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Forum Game Idea?!
« Reply #15 on: February 11, 2010, 02:19:34 pm »

But Armok, for people to understand what's going on and not feel like they're in a Salvadore Dali painting, they need a baseline of what is recognizable. The referee needs to say "the world is like this analogue, but with changes A, B, C, and D". You can use an analogue that isn't the real world, but it has to be something everyone knows. For example, Alice in Wonderland used the real world as the analogue, adding:

"There are magic items like potions that make you bigger or smaller"
"You can have extraordinary effects on the environment, like crying enough to flood"
"There are strange creatures like the White Rabbit and the Card People"

But there are still trees, and roses, and houses, and pocket-watches ... you don't re-create the whole of existence. Because that takes too long to convey to your players.

I'm not putting your ideas down, or saying they can't work. I'm just saying it's really difficult to do.

Well, actually, me and my team are working on a 3D game, where the world is completely regenerated. I've basically got this barren ball of chemicals and compositions, and i've crafted it into a planet with meteorlogy scientifically true. The planet has nearly 4000 species, 6 of which rise to intelligence and evolve.
This is my approach to breaking every stereotype of a games design, completely remake it according to Evoloution... I was thinking of making a game based around this world.?
A pool of Dwarven Ale.
WHO IS RESPONSIBLE FOR THIS ?

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 11, 2010, 02:31:23 pm »

It's suposed to feel sort of like being in a Salvadore Dali painting, or rather, and Echer one.
But ok, maybe I shuld give some examples of what I'm thinnking:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

Azkanan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 11, 2010, 02:34:59 pm »

I understand precisely what you meant =D. Anywho, methinks i'll use the world i'm making... Gives me all the background sauce I need!Yes, Sauce. Not Source. Loollll?

So... Now a Game Type is needed. I'm thinking Roleplay or World Dom.
A pool of Dwarven Ale.

Azkanan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 11, 2010, 03:11:59 pm »

Dolike? T'is a night-sky panorama with mountains, forests, little village+road and a cliff edge. =D

Edit;
After asking some peoples around, I've decided to do a Kingdom-managing game. Build your villages, ships, trade, war, and so on... I'll post it later tonight when i've got the basics written down and the game is ready for play. :)

Locking thread.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2010, 03:18:55 pm by Azkanan »
A pool of Dwarven Ale.
Pages: 1 [2]