brainfire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Tavern
« Reply #15 on: May 18, 2008, 10:22:00 am »

quote:
Originally posted by Areyar:
<STRONG>hmm.
picknick: party at meetingzone outside, attending dwarves bring beer and food.</STRONG>

Bonus vomit-related fun if some are cave adapted!

You can allow or stop your dwarves from eating these mushrooms, but it's entirely optional and doesn't turn Dwarf Fortress into Dwarf hookah-smoking pad.

Mikademus

• Bay Watcher
  • Pirate ninja dwarves for great justice
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 18, 2008, 11:55:00 am »

When economy is implemented, dwarves withour money, idlers or dwarves of worthless professions could work as barmaids or barhands.
You are a pirate!

Quote from: Silverionmox
Quote from: bjlong
If I wanted to recreate the world of one of my favorite stories, I should be able to specify that there is a civilization called Groan, ruled by Earls from a castle called Gormanghast.
You won't have trouble supplying the Countess with cats, or producing the annual idols to be offerred to the castle. Every fortress is a pale reflection of Ghormenghast..

Thassa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 22, 2008, 02:47:00 pm »

I love the idea of taverns as shops, but I'm really posting for another reason.

Given a table, floodgate or door can all be made from one stone block, while you can get 3 mugs from the same block....  would a dwarven mug be considered a pitcher pretty much anywhere else?    ;)

Dwarf Fortress players: Coming up with solutions for problems that haven't been implemented yet. 

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 22, 2008, 02:48:00 pm »

Mugs? Silly trading toys.
Dwarves drink from the barrel.
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

Juason

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 22, 2008, 02:51:00 pm »

Haha, the idea of a tavern is wonderful.  A perfect place for dwarves to go lick their wounds, drown their sorrows and tell a tall tale or twelve amongst friends!
Pages: 1 [2]