Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Mayday Graphics Door Glitch  (Read 1081 times)

Cespinarve

• Bay Watcher
  • Lege lege lege relege labora et invenies
    • View Profile
Mayday Graphics Door Glitch
« on: January 21, 2010, 05:47:29 pm »

I have a glitch in the Mayday pack, and that is taht the granite door shows up as a black little arch, with no definition or anything like that. Is that how it is supposed to look?

And a question for Herr Mayday, how soon will a new tileset be ready for the new release? I have only ever been able to play DF using your very fine tileset.

Also, i'm on a Mac. How long will I have to wait for a Mac compatible version?
Nice one, not sure when I'll be feeling like killing a baby but these things are good to know.
This is why we can't have nice things... someone will just wind up filling it with corpses.
Arrakis teaches the attitude of the knife — chopping off what's incomplete and saying: "Now it's complete because it's ended here."

Shade-o

• Bay Watcher
  • It's my greatest creation yet!
    • View Profile
Re: Mayday Graphics Door Glitch
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2010, 07:52:18 pm »

I believe Granite doors show up like that because Granite's background is pure black. I would recommend changing it to 7:7:0 or something similar.
Apparently having a redundant creature entry causes the game to say, "Oh, look, it's crazy world now. Nothing makes sense! Alligators live in houses!"

RantingRodent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2010, 09:26:33 pm »

I hope toady removes that automagical colour changing nonsense when he improves the graphics. I've run into this same problem with my mod.

You can use the [BUILD_COLOR] tag to override this behaviour, but you still have to change the color scheme; black backgrounds still get inverted.
Graphical Overhaul 0.31 DFFD | Bundle |  Thread (beta3)
Raw Patcher DFFD  | Thread (1.0)
Graphical Overhaul 40d DFFD | Bundle
ASCII Tileset 40d DFFD  | Thread (2.0)

Cespinarve

• Bay Watcher
  • Lege lege lege relege labora et invenies
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2010, 09:41:08 am »

And I would do this... how?
Nice one, not sure when I'll be feeling like killing a baby but these things are good to know.
This is why we can't have nice things... someone will just wind up filling it with corpses.
Arrakis teaches the attitude of the knife — chopping off what's incomplete and saying: "Now it's complete because it's ended here."

gtmattz

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:BEARD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2010, 01:37:40 pm »

And I would do this... how?

in the raw\objects folder, open up matgloss_stone_layer, find the entry for granite and change its color settings to those suggested above.
Quote from: Hyndis
Just try it! Its not like you die IRL if Urist McMiner falls into magma.