Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Window suggestions  (Read 1210 times)

JPolito

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://jpolito.zlique.org/
Window suggestions
« on: April 02, 2007, 03:32:00 pm »

This is a rather simple suggestion. All that I really want is a small bar on the bottom of the current window that shows at least three announcements at a time. I'm rather tired of having my announcements flooded by useless warnings, such as 'job item misplaced' and 'interrupted by deer', and then I miss important announcements like 'cave river is overflowing' and '<dwarf> is unconscious', where soon after several dwarves drown or are eaten by hungry packs of wolves.

Would also be nice to have the window be resizeable or bigger so that I can see more of the map at once. I don't really have a problem with that right now, so it doesn't matter too much to me.

Ideas?

prklts

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Window suggestions
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2007, 04:46:00 pm »

I sometimes wish I could have everything zoomed in / bigger. (Yes, I realize I'd be seeing less of the map.)

Tim

Core Xii

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2007, 11:39:00 pm »

I generally hit 'a' whenever there's an announcement to both clear it from the view so I can see the idlers counter again and also to see that I didn't miss anything important. You get used to it quickly, hitting 'a' and space in succession and spotting an odd-colored announcement among the red spam.
Reality is for people who lack imagination

Silveron

• Bay Watcher
  • Arichect of Destruction
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2007, 11:42:00 am »

Or turn off some of the cancellation announcments under the 'O'rders menu.

herrbdog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2007, 01:14:00 pm »

I imagine the interface is getting an overhaul for the next release, but I would like the "Idlers" counter on top, not the bottom, so messages don't cover it. And it would be cool if it was "Idlers: X/Y" where x=idlers, y=total dwarfs.