Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Operation Flashpoint 2: Dragon Rising, am i missing something important?  (Read 1495 times)

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Operation Flashpoint 2: Dragon Rising, am i missing something important?
« Reply #15 on: February 05, 2010, 11:56:39 am »

Hmm, let me try thinking... ACE is a rather large mod, so it would behard to cover everything off of the top of my head. As Synzig just mentioned the wounding system has been expanded, even moreso than just ArmA2's (who added their own wounding system in response to ACE's wounding system for ArmA). Currently bandages, morphine, and epinephrine (for restarting someone's heart) have been implemented, but there are plans to add in IV bags, plasma, splints, tourniquets, and some others.

Another thing ACE adds in an expanded inventory system through the use of rucksacks. Every item has a certain size now (measured in cubic centimeters) and as long as your backpack has space you can put just about any item into it.

One of the most major changes is the stamina system. There's been a lot of controversy over this, but essentially it makes it so that you can't have everybody carrying around M60's with 50 belts of ammunition. Not only does every item have a size, but they have a weight, and depending on how much you weigh the more tired you get when running and such. If you push yourself too hard you start to black out and eventually collapse for a while.

Well, to avoid making this a really... really really long post I'm just going to link to the six videos that were released prior to the ACE2 beta.

One thing to note is that there's ACE2 and ACEX. ACEX is just extra features while ACE2 is just the base mod. ACEX has things like new weapons and player models and such.
Video 1
Video 2
Video 3
Video 4
Video 5
Video 6
These show some of the features of ACE2 (and perhaps some of ACEX) prior to the beta release. If you really want a full features list...
this is the link for you
Pages: 1 [2]