Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Bom Roldeth, the home of anguish (DF with Legendary Lands)  (Read 747 times)

FireSight

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Bom Roldeth, the home of anguish (DF with Legendary Lands)
« on: January 20, 2010, 01:14:55 am »

Day 34 after World Rending Catsplosion

Following Kun Zaruts experiment with nuclear catsplosions in an attempt to find out how the cats time and space warping abilities worked, hundreds of rifts began to open all over Nitonkun, grabbing random terrain and people, and tossing them into this... gods forsaken place. Or at least some of us I have yet to see any others from our society, besides my six companions who were dragged here with me from our hiding place out in the wilderness. It appears to be a backwater, and from the color of the sky, obviously a different world than ours. I only obtained this journal because I found a village of strange... things. They were thinner and taller than us, only a few of them with beards of any decent size, some with none at all! They were quite willing to trade us a large amount of food and other materials, in exchange for what little we had left, after weeks of wandering alone. Apparently these people had never seen quality goods before, like my heirloom pocketknife. I shouldn't have traded it, it was my grandfathers grandfathers knife, but... we needed the equipment. The tall creatures were very insistent that we not stay there. They were willing to let us trade, but not stay.

Since this is the first journal, I suppose I should explain our situation. My companions and I were mineral prospectors, working for our Communist government at home, finding metal reserves for the War Effort. Our nations leading research scientist had been working on a well known and well funded project to discover teleportation, studying the physics defying properties of cats in an effort to discover its secret. But something went wrong, the cats all exploded, and over a period of weeks, holes... thats all you could call them, holes... started appearing and dissapearing across the nation, spreading out from the lab where Kun Zarut worked. My companions and I heard about the phenomenon over the radio, days before, and we tried to hide with supplies. But one of the holes opened right ontop of us, a few days later, and dropped us into this place.

So now, we try to survive. We have the skills to survive an ordinary wilderness, but this is... hostile beyond all belief. I think we have traveled as far as we can now, and its time for us to try and set up camp long enough to rest, at the very least. For now, we call this place Bom Roldeth, The Home of Anguish.

Unfortunately, this area is completely swarming with what we refer to as Gremlins, horrors right out of the old fireside stories, and the demonic creatures leading them, which we call Implords. We will have to dig in before we can get any rest.

-Minkot Idenarust, Prospecting Expedition Leader

(I'll start actually playing this tomorrow and post some, for now, its late and I need to sleep)