Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Immortality?  (Read 2659 times)

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
Re: Immortality?
« Reply #15 on: February 23, 2010, 02:34:42 pm »

In the next version, it will actually draw invaders from populations.

And there is NO limit to skills and attributes. They go past legendary +5, but this is simply not labeled. See the Morul and Ironblood threads.

And yes, neither Elves nor Goblins die of old age- but most creatures meet some other fate before getting that old anyway.
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

Soadreqm

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm okay with this. I'm okay with a lot of things.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 23, 2010, 03:40:53 pm »

Using real historical figures for all invaders is coming soonish, but NOT in the next version. Sorry.

Quietust

• Bay Watcher
  • Does not suffer fools gladly
    • View Profile
    • QMT Productions
« Reply #17 on: February 23, 2010, 04:24:55 pm »

Early on, invader squad leaders (whether during sieges or ambushes) come from the civ's population while the other fighters are created out of thin air. The squad leaders can be normal fighters, Guards, weapon masters, or even local leaders and rulers (unless the ruler is a Demon), wearing whatever equipment and trinkets (such as crowns, amulets, rings, bracelets, etc.) they acquired during worldgen. Often, the squad leaders can be of a different race, depending on who was abducted by the invading civ during worldgen.

After enough sieges, though, you'll deplete the civ's population of warriors (leaving them only with civilians) and their squad leaders will always be weapon masters created out of thin air, wearing all *Superior* gear (except for lashers, which still only get normal stuff).
P.S. If you don't get this note, let me know and I'll write you another.
It's amazing how dwarves can make a stack of bones completely waterproof and magmaproof.
It's amazing how they can make an entire floodgate out of the bones of 2 cats.

zwei

• Bay Watcher
  • [ECHO][MENDING]
    • View Profile
    • Fate of Heroes
« Reply #18 on: February 23, 2010, 04:28:29 pm »

Even with eternity, I imagine there's still a cap on how good you can get at something, due to the limitations of your mind and your body.

"I have forgotten more about cutting-off elven ears than you will ever learn, dwarf."
Pages: 1 [2]