Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12]

Author Topic: Replacement Thread (CLOSED) Please. Remove sticky.  (Read 18825 times)

Squeegy

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't really have any answers for you.
    • View Profile

Most underused useful topic ever.
I think I'm an alright guy. I just wanna live until I gotta die. I know I'm not perfect, but God knows I try.
Kobold Name Generator
⚔Dueling Blades⚔
Fertile Lands
The Emerald Isles

Alexhans

• Bay Watcher
  • This is toodamn shortto write something meaningful
    • View Profile
    • Osteopatia y Neurotonia

Ok... I'm going to stop updating this topic so I suggest it should be removed from the sticky feature...

It was meant to work for mafia games and people clearly avoided and made this new thread:
http://www.bay12games.com/forum/index.php?topic=47641.0

without consulting nor considering it so...

“Eight years was awesome and I was famous and I was powerful" - George W. Bush.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Replacement Thread (CLOSED due to competition) Remove sticky.
« Reply #167 on: January 26, 2010, 12:47:38 pm »

Since you seem to want to discuss this here, I will explain again:

I considered it, and didn't realize I needed to send you a PM to ask your permission (since honestly, this just says "replacement thread" on it, and most Mafia game folks don't even post here).  It was discussed (though admittedly not for particularly long) within the subforum itself, which seemed like the most relevant avenue for such discussion.

Additionally:

I commit myself to update this at least once everyday.  If someone thinks he can do this better I don't mind.  Just copy the format and make a new topic and I'll erase this one.

I maintain the other thread entirely on my own, by reading every post of every game played in the subforum.  I contend that this is a "better job" that results in less work for moderators and a general faster turnaround time.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Alexhans

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: January 26, 2010, 01:17:13 pm »

If a mod needs a replacement.  It's really easy to post once in a thread... I don't know how long you'll be able to keep up that inspection.  They know what they want and can describe the game better than you.  Or do you expect to read EVERY game?  ::)

Most mafia folks don't post here because it wasn't in the mafia subforum because I wanted to give other games the opportunity to have replacements too.  When Dakarian suggested a replacement thread for mafia I said that mine had that goal.  If they wanted it in the subforum I could've just moved it and be done with it.

You still felt entitled to go your way without asking anyone and you now have the responsibility.  Enjoy.

for future references... In forums, before making a new topic... try analyzing existing topics and suggesting modifications instead of just taking charge.

Alexhans

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: January 26, 2010, 01:22:15 pm »

I've read your pm.  I understand your points.

It's ok.  If you read all games you're probably the right one to do it.

I'm not that active in b12 lately, anyway.

This thread wasn't really used, as you say... Due to bad judgement on my part:  placing it outside the mafia subforum.

I'll just lock this and wait for it to be unstickied.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12]