Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: DF closing when I try to embark  (Read 482 times)

Cal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
DF closing when I try to embark
« on: January 16, 2010, 12:52:19 pm »

I thought this would be a good place to put this because it happened after installing some mods.

I'm using 40d16 with the mayday tileset. I really like the Civilization forge mod but wanted to give Dig Deeper a try so I merged the two. Or at least I thought I did. Genned a world just fine, found a site I like but when I try to actually embark, DF locks up (windows telling me it's encountered a problem etc.) I'm going to guess it's something I screwed up while merging the two mods. Anyone have an idea of where to fix this? It's obviously in the raws but what kind of screw-up would cause this?

Edit: While merging, I saw that Dig Deeper uses additional raw files instead of tacking things onto the existing ones. In particular I have 3 entity files, the normal one, 'new' (from civ forge) and 'orc' (from DD) could too many files be part of the problem and if so, can I merge them into 1 or 2?
« Last Edit: January 16, 2010, 12:55:38 pm by Cal »
Urist McMother has given birth to hectoplets.
Urist McMother has bled to death.

Jack_Bread

• Bay Watcher
  • 100% FRESH ♥HIPPO♥
    • View Profile
Re: DF closing when I try to embark
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2010, 12:54:45 pm »

Find errorlog.txt.
The problem might be there.

Cal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2010, 01:02:00 pm »

Ahhh, should have thought of that myself, thanks. So I've got a handful of duplicate objects, likely ones contained in both CF and DD but in DD they must be in the 'extended' files, easy fix. Also, and unrecognized material token and stone token. Thanks again for the quick reply, hopefully I can track them all down.

Cal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2010, 01:11:18 pm »

One more time, thanks again. It was all the duplicates that were giving me trouble.

Eagle0600

• Bay Watcher
  • Highly Confused
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2010, 01:40:49 am »

From what I know, duplicate tokens tend to allow you to play, but screw up your world (purring maggot fortress, etc.)
GENERATION 21:The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Cal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2010, 02:50:04 am »

Well, deleting the duplicates fixed the problem. Maybe it was that there were about a dozen of them or maybe it was a specific one it didn't like. The two that come to mind that it might not have liked was a duplicate gem and duplicate metal (the ore, not just a created one, Civ Forge has mithril as a 20% chance from truesilver ore while DD has a mithril ore)