Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Chaning Surroundings.....  (Read 1013 times)

The-Moon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Chaning Surroundings.....
« on: May 14, 2008, 11:46:00 am »

I notice on the map...

Surroundings: Serene, joyous, Mirthful, Haunted, Sinister, ect ect

What if as you play a region, these can expand, or reduce depending on whatever would be needed to change it.

Including if you start a fort in a place thats haunted, kill all of the evil things around there, or eliminating the thing causing the evil. Would change it on the main map next time you start a fort.

There is absolutely no time, to be taking time for granted. ~Busta Rhymes

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
Re: Chaning Surroundings.....
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2008, 11:53:00 am »

The new release Toady is working on now will feature civilisation wars during world generation. This means that, during world history generation, region alignment will change due to expanding civilisations and wars. Consequently invasions in your fortress are based upon these wars and civilisations. Armies will have "real" characters in them, with histories and all.
If you defeat an army then in fortress mode, you won't find the killed soldiers in adventure mode afterwards.
Undoubtedly future versions will also implement terrain alignment change like you say.
Check the development pages for more
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479