Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: [HFS] What determines the contents of the parade? [HFS]  (Read 1354 times)

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
[HFS] What determines the contents of the parade? [HFS]
« on: January 13, 2010, 01:45:47 am »

Greetings, I think all people in modding forum already know the contents of HFS, but just in case.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Doomshifter

• Bay Watcher
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
Re: [HFS] What determines the contents of the parade? [HFS]
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2010, 02:06:20 am »

I'm fairly certain it's the [SPHERE: tag. I might have to do some experimenting. Let me get back to you on this.

EDIT: I have planned a method to test what various spheres effect what.

My plan is to make a demon creature for every sphere. So, a Nature Demon, a Fire Demon (SoF), etc. I will then record what the chambers are like as I run around the world breaking them open.

EDIT2: Starting worldgen. I wonder if we'll have more demonic rulers...?
EDIT3: Scratch that. Mermaids are now demonic. They seek terrible vengeance. Let me fix this.
EDIT4: Couldn't see any reason why the merpeople went demonic in the raws. Genning a new world.
EDIT5: Merpeople still horribly evil. They appear to be megabeasts. Long histories of eating animals and as many as 10 kills.
EDIT6: Okay, I think I must have made a duplicate creature. One of my miners died to the freezing " leather", and is wearing cave fish silk trousers. I'll dig down to the HFS for the heck of it.
EDIT7: Struck adamantine. Opened the pit. Found charcoal, bone meal, random sentients, corpses, body parts, cages, spears and engravings of the dead and withering.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2010, 02:50:56 am by Doomshifter »
Add me on PesterChum! My chumhandle is doomedHermit.
Right now Rampages seem to be Godzilla quietly walking into Tokyo, biting the leg off of one reporter... then creeping off again without a sound.

Doomshifter

• Bay Watcher
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2010, 02:53:19 am »

The first HFS contained weather demons. Weather sphere appears to have no effect on the shape of the HFS. Everyone died.

Second Embark. The world has passed into the Second Age of Myth. Second HFS showed the same contents. Engravings of submissive gestures, torture, burning, withering, dead and screaming sentients. Found Justice Demons. Justice appears to have no effect on the shape or contents of the HFS. Everyone died.

Third Embark. Miner frozen due to " leather". HFS identical to first and second. Found Charity Demons. Charity has no effect on the shape or contents of the HFS, nor does the [GOOD] tag. Everyone died.

Fourth Embark. 'You Have Arrived' screen doesn't list an animal. Instead, it lists 'ere the beasts get hungry'. One instance of " leather", no deaths. Opened HFS. Chamber is the same as usual. Sent unwitting miners inside and waited. Found Wealthy Demons. Sphere of WEALTH does nothing. Everyone died.

Current outlook. Only the spheres already associated with demons do anything.
FIRE is attached to the SoF
MUCK and WATER is attached to the frogs.
DEPRAVITY and THRALLDOM is attached to the tentacles.
FIRE, DEATH and TORTURE is attached to the leaders.

For unnassociated demons, there appears to be a generic chamber filled with generic masterful engravings of terrible things, charcoal and ashes on the ground, body parts and caged/chained/spiked/dead sentients.

Still cannot for the life of me find out why merpeople became megabeasts, my dwarves were wearing cave fish silk, and how that ' leather' got in there.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2010, 03:20:26 am by Doomshifter »
Right now Rampages seem to be Godzilla quietly walking into Tokyo, biting the leg off of one reporter... then creeping off again without a sound.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2010, 03:22:47 am »

What is your 'errorlog'?

I will try to test other spheres.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Doomshifter

• Bay Watcher
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2010, 03:29:01 am »

Aaaand I just realised what it was.

I had old junk from another mod being tested in there, causing duplicates. I'll gen a new world to see if it isn't f*ed up still.

EDIT: Retrying with a fresh install I keep handy. Added the creature_demons.txt. Generated a new world.

Noticed a distinct lack of mermaids. *sigh of relief* The first demon is a charity demon with twenty-two kills. I guess she was charitable in gracing people with her fire and claws.

No cave-fish silk or ' leather' in sight! Relief.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2010, 03:36:41 am by Doomshifter »

Doomshifter

• Bay Watcher
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2010, 03:44:19 am »

Found typical generic HFS.
Contents are as described earlier for a 'generic' chamber.
Demons were 'Blight' demons.

The game was completely lacking in glitches, and the only modifications (apart from the demons) was speed:0 dwarves put in after world-gen.

EDIT: Everyone died.

Ieb

• Bay Watcher
  • A Breakdancing Ogre
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2010, 03:56:56 am »

I would assume that the contents of hilarity are only specific when the interior decorators are of the original SPHERE-related. If you know what I mean.

I hope later on, we can put in various decorations to go with our own clowns. Or make the head clown have a seriously decorated lower floor of his own domain.

Skull thrones decorated with bones of the dead and mutilated, and so on.

What I would like to know, is if the fun stuff you get put down there generated when you find it, when you embark, or if, god forbid, the game makes a specific HFS location for every HFS area.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2010, 03:58:38 am by Ieb »