Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: War Dog Challange  (Read 4328 times)

goron72

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: War Dog Challange
« Reply #30 on: January 08, 2010, 08:09:28 pm »

I think you could use a tower of brige-dog-rooms. As the enemy come into the choke point drop the first squad, then drop the second squad down to the prep room and so on to prepare for the next parts. You could make use of a blind corner so your surviving dogs aren't destroyed by archers as the next squad approaches and your next dog wave waits above. That's what I'd do at least

arghy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 09, 2010, 02:15:42 am »

Its much easier to just have a huge swathe of cage traps then an execution room filled with deadly creatures, i had a wonderful pit filled with skeletal jaguars that i would pit entire sieges into one after another watching the blood cover the walls and spray out the pit hole. I eventually captured a magmaman from my magma pit and threw him in but he just kept running around and never fighting.

Also instead of the elaborate traps you could have a series of 3 doors on either end of the murder room set to non pet passable and have the trainer constantly run through the gauntlet until all the dogs got caught inside the room and have the ceiling be a bridge connected to pressure plates but very narrow so theres minmum room for gobbys to shoot the dogs.

Pasakoye

• Bay Watcher
  • c is for SCAMPS
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 09, 2010, 03:32:26 pm »

Thanks for all the ideas, I changed the population cap, and I have about 50 War Dogs right now, all they have killed right now are kobold thieves and goblin snatchers, no ambush/siege yet. I have them in 5 cages on a lever so reloading cages goes faster.

Does anyone know if puppies age in cages, right now I have all the puppies in a cage.
I play as elves.
What the f*ck is wrong with you?
DF doesn't have a learning curve. It has a sheer cliff face. And you have to climb it with nothing but a keyboard.

Wirevix

• Bay Watcher
  • Hammered Elf Sympathizer
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 09, 2010, 03:48:57 pm »

Yes, animals will age in cages.  At least camels do.  (I had camels.  The traders came with camels.  And then there were camels everywhere.)
In other news, the trees in my game can have invisible sex.

Echo7

• Bay Watcher
  • Reading you loud and clear, kid.
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 10, 2010, 10:31:02 pm »

Yes, animals do indeed age in cages.  I have a cage full of puppies and dogs who lived their entire lives in cages.  Eventually, I'll get around to training more war dogs.
Always shoot first.
Pages: 1 2 [3]