Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: So I breached the HFS...  (Read 1998 times)

Vicid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: So I breached the HFS...
« Reply #15 on: January 11, 2010, 06:22:21 pm »

wow, I would have loved a copy of the save when your new immigrants arrived

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 11, 2010, 07:01:32 pm »

Tentacle clowns are, perhaps, easy.

FIRE clowns, however, are not. Most of my military burned.

That's probably a fair assessment, although this is the only HFS I've breached. They did a number on my raw recruits and the trainee soldiers, but one champion with rather mediocre arms and armor stopped them cold. It was a pretty good fight with the Ringmaster though. Blundered into him in the workshop areas while the big lug was knocking down doors, and they ended up falling down the stairs into a bone stockpile. Lots of firebreath too. Ended with Urist McClownkiller knocking the Ringmaster into the opposite wall.

You're gonna need someone to make food aren't you?  I doubt you can survive off of stealing from merchants for long and sooner or later a tantrum may destroy the trade depot.

You assume the point of the exercise is survival!

Halfway through engineering the Gladiatorial event, a goblin siege hit. About 10 of the newbs died before one of the Champion Royal Guards came over and racked up 21 kills, scaring the others away. Clownkiller stole 3 kills at the end of it though. I'm hoping my rough treatment of the humans and elves leads to a siege soon, since I suspect my guards can handle whatever the Goblins throw. Although I haven't seen the Fortress Guard do much, the lazy bastards. Theoretically, they're all better than the Royals because they've been in training longer, and the Captain of the Guard / Mayor should be even tougher, being legendary in most applicable stats. Only kill to her name is a zombie elephant, though, and not even one of the named ones.

The nobles aren't particularly happy right now, since the former Count's room isn't nice enough for the Queen, the Hammerer's room isn't nice enough for the Count, and the Mayor's room was the first casualty of the Ringleader, who seemed to take undue pleasure in heading across the fortress and up the chasm to destroy every last piece of furniture in the entire Mayors complex.

In other news, one of the children organized a party in one of the mass graveyards/statue garden. The sheer opulence of it seems to have gotten the tantruming girl to sit down and shut up for a while. Nice to see them keep up their spirits. They're such little troopers.

I've managed to pack the arena full of combatants, almost ready for the final test.

EDIT: Late Summer, and no one even considered making the journey to such a cursed death-trap this season. I was rather worried that I'd keep getting waves of unwanted immigrants, but hopefully this is a sign of things to come.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2010, 07:08:34 pm by monk12 »

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 11, 2010, 07:37:17 pm »

One of the children became possessed and made "Blanchpriests the Trust of Utterances", a Birchen Toy Hammer. Apart from the normal spikes and bands and whatnot, it also contained an image of Pricedhill the Native Gold Floodgate, which was my previous artifact, as well as an image of Ngulslu Cryptportal the Ringmaster. I am not sure how these two images relate to each other, or why either is appropriate for a toy hammer.

Skorpion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 11, 2010, 10:42:33 pm »

Tentacle clowns are, perhaps, easy.

FIRE clowns, however, are not. Most of my military burned.

Wasn't most of your military grizzly bears? Or am I getting your epic clown defense mixed up with someone else?

Well, the clowns are WHY most of my military was grizzly bears. The bears and dogs I set on the clowns got nowhere, and the champions packed into a tiny space got kind of roasted alive.

I sent the huge mass of bears and dogs against the next goblin siege.

It's nearly summer, and they're still being put in the cage. One by one, and the dogs are all following the dungeonmaster who trained them.
The *large serrated steel disk* strikes the Raven in the head, tearing apart the muscle, shattering the skull, and tearing apart the brain!
A tendon in the skull has been torn!
The Raven has been knocked unconcious!

Elves do it in trees. Humans do it in wooden structures. Dwarves? Dwarves do it underground. With magma.
Pages: 1 [2]