Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]

Author Topic: Cycloneaxes - A port town [community]  (Read 4257 times)

Beanchubbs

• Bay Watcher
  • Khorne Flakes: Crunchy & Delicious
    • View Profile
Re: Cycloneaxes - A port town [community]
« Reply #75 on: January 11, 2010, 06:07:33 pm »

Alright, I just got home after weightlifting and walking hime in 4 ft of snow and I can't feel my feet or most of my face. Don't expect an update for a while.

Edit: Really tired right now. I'd rather write a late update than a poor update, so I'll get it done tomorrow.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2010, 07:14:29 pm by Beanchubbs »
Yikes, the Orcs have a nasty language.  Traditional foreplay would be right out for them; how would they ever "say my name" for one another?  No wonder Ocrs are always so bloodthirsty and violent, they're getting sub-par action.

Beanchubbs

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: January 12, 2010, 12:47:11 am »

Just a short update for now, mainly just for player input on something. I'll make a larger update tomorrow.
---------
With the leaving of the dwarves, and the death of the goblins and orcs, we continued our building of the king's port. I climbed up to the top of one of Hilbo's archer towers and looked at it from there. The crisp ocean wind was blowing in, so I wrapped my cloak closer around me and sat down. It was quite a nice view. The sea-birds squawked as they passed by through the sky. The dwarves were merrily putting the first part of the port together, and even joking around with eachother.  The port was shaping up rather nicely, although I hadn't seen many ports in my time. Only the one human one, but I had been too busy throwing up to really look at it.
While the masons were busy working on the port, I had a few extra dwarves work on making some soap for the soap tower. I'm guessing we should have it done in 2 years at the least, and 5 years at the most, depending on how tall we made it. The trees seemed to be growing back at at a very rapid rate, so wood for the ashes and barrels wood be replenishable. I'll have to re-read the other requests the dwarves and see how much else we could do while the masons made the port.

I stared out at the port for a little while longer before going back to my office to see how much was left to do.

-------
Question for you players. Do you think the mostly completed port you see is long enough, or would you like to see it even more extended? Also, post your mega/not-so-mega projects, before I decide to insert my megaproject into the list.
Yikes, the Orcs have a nasty language.  Traditional foreplay would be right out for them; how would they ever "say my name" for one another?  No wonder Ocrs are always so bloodthirsty and violent, they're getting sub-par action.

Zades

• Bay Watcher
  • Do flying babies do blunt or gore damage?
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: January 12, 2010, 08:08:06 pm »

I think that the-mostly-completed-port is a pretty good length, but it could use a little more in my opinion.

And while I'm still on the topic of mega-projects, I'd like to see a see some sort of sea-floater made out of stone to show our sea-worthiness.

Beanchubbs

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: January 12, 2010, 08:50:34 pm »

Sorry about the lack of an update yesterday.
---------
As winter's cold touch began to settle in, I decided to get a glass forge up so we can get the soap industry started. 100killer9 wrote down instructions for me to follow to make it. It took far longer than I expected because everyone was outside, sifting through the goblins junk to see if they had anything of value. Leading the scavenging pack was Stas, who shoved past people and rolled over the goblins' still rotting corpses looking for the most expensive things, like Giant Cave Spider Silk items.

After we got the glass forge set up, 100killer9 made the 3 glass vials and we set up the alchemy shop to start making the soap for the soap tower.

Time escaped me while making the alchemy shop, before I knew it, it was spring. Taking a small break from the soap making industry, we started building some more on the port.

Around mid spring, the animals around the fort started acting strange. Some were even attacking there owners. We set up the military on patrol in case the animals had a reason to be acting strange. We stayed on gaurd for a few weeks, and it proved useful, too.

6 Squads!!

Meanwhile, the opportunistic monkey scum tried to make their move.

We only had 4 champions on duty, Wineslasher had suffered injuries in sparring. Cerol, Reg, and Sodel charged forward with their axes hacking wildly, and skillfully. While they splattered blood and sent limbs and whole elves flying, Hilbo shot down at their heads as fast as he could. Luckily with our improvements to the fortifications, he had enough ammo by him that he did not have to go back down to get any ammo.

Cerol, Reg, and Sodel were hungry for blood, after 3/4 of a year without any action, Hilbo had taken out the orcs. And blood was to be had aplenty. they charged through the filthy elfish horde like a finely sharpened knife through a -plump helmet roast-. They hacked at the yellow blooded filth. Soon, the tree-loving pansies broke and ran.

The three champions chased after them, but were only able to kill two, because of their thin legs being used to running away.

As the three dwarves walked back into the fort and cleaned the yellow blood from their steel axes, the other dwarves started celebrating and praising them. This was the most honorable defense we had yet to perform in this fortress. Hilbo had done some great work, yes, but shooting from a fortified position isn't exactly filled with honor.

I went to review the battlescene, and I saw that our entrance was, once again, dirtied by the remains of the enemies.

I sighed once again and ordered some of the stuff to be put ontop of the garbage pile.
--------
The elfs pissed me off when new squads kept popping up, I was trying to order the champs to move out when...

Anyways, we killed them all without so much as a brown wound. Also, I modded the elves to have yellow blood, so that is why I say that.

Zades: Thanks for the input on the port, I'll try to improve it some more, but I'm waiting for blocks at the moment

Also, as for the stone sea-floater, I had other plans.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2010, 09:36:45 pm by Beanchubbs »

hillburra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: January 12, 2010, 10:21:25 pm »

Serves those dirty elvish bastards right, nicely done.
'b' is different than 'x' and a Bed doesn't hold back magma as well as a Floodgate no matter how fast you type.

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: January 12, 2010, 10:44:22 pm »

I would like to request a Dwarf.
Name: Kadzar
Profession: Mason

I would also like to request the building of a sub-aquatic dining hall, with a waterfall in the middle.
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!

Beanchubbs

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: January 13, 2010, 06:46:28 pm »

----------
The ending of the spring brought great sorrow to our fortress. I was looking at papers in my office, when Cerol, the champion, walked into my room with a grim look on his face.
"Sir, Wineslasher is dead."

"What?! What happened?"
"I don't know, I was walking past the barracks and the door was open. Usually the door was always closed, so I looked in, and he was lying there, with a huge gash in his chest. Whoever did it must have ditched the room to not get caught."

We questioned all of the military, from the recruits to the champions. No one spoke, so that was that. We gave him an honourable funeral, and set his body into the ocean.

Hillbo fired six shots into the air, and we said our goodbyes. A terrible death for such a great hero.

Soon after his death, Hillbo spotted some migrants, but from the North. That could only mean that they had come from the mountain home. And come from the mountain home they did, 21 of them in fact. We set them to work immedietly.

With summer, came the humans. They brought all the goods we requested yester-year. As we were bringing the goods inside, the orcs came. They must have been chasing down the human caravan, and thought they could take us. This isn't a human town! This is Cycloneaxes!!!!! (kicks human diplomat into the ocean) We eat orcs for breakfast! (not literally, they taste bad.)

Soon after my showing of our military might, the dwarfs elected me as mayor. I needed a bigger room. I needed chests, a cabinet, a weapon rack and an armor stand if I was going to be able to rule with authority. I've killed a rhesus macaque god dammit!!

Before the others even got the chests made, I was voted out in the place of some gem cutter. How dare they!

--------
It was a short update, but I thought it was at least  good enough to be considered an update.

I didn't really drown the diplomat, it was just for dramatic effect. The humans are actually really helpful.

I should be done with the docks soon, and I'm starting to build the soap construction.
I also started a few other projects that you guys requested, but haven't gotten very far in them yet.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]