Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Making Mega Beasts Rule  (Read 1100 times)

Toastergargletop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Making Mega Beasts Rule
« on: January 09, 2010, 03:13:13 am »

I saw this thread, and thought it would be awesome.

http://www.bay12games.com/forum/index.php?topic=47609.0

......................But i cant get it to work.

Ideally I want to see megabeasts and semimegabeasts taking civs over and creating their own civs.

specific relationships I want to see are:

Kobolds being led by dragons
goblins being led by giants

ideally, any mega or semi beast could take over a site, but there are a few that should pop up more frequently than others.

Edit: here is the modified RAW for the dragon.  i added [intelligent] and [power] but all that happens is that they get worshiped.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: January 09, 2010, 03:29:15 am by Toastergargletop »

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
Re: Making Mega Beasts Rule
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2010, 08:15:19 am »

Civilizations will only be ruled by powers if the two are somehow compatible. Evil civilizations like goblins worship evil powers like demons for example. You'll need to edit the entity raws in addition to the creature raws. For one, you need to add (or replace) the [RELIGION:ANY_APPROPRIATE_POWER] tag to the entity entry. In addition, you need to add a [RELIGION_SPHERE:sphere] tag to the entity that is the same as one of the [SPHERE:sphere] tags of the power. For example, to make dragons and giants powers as in your example, I'd add the [RELIGION_SPHERE:WEALTH] tag to kobolds (if you used FIRE, the kobolds might also be led by demons), and [RELIGION_SPHERE:STRENGTH] to goblins. It's quite likely that goblins will continue to be rules by some demons, though.
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

Toastergargletop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2010, 09:39:42 am »

i dont mind the demons having some power, i just want to spread it round!

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2010, 10:06:03 am »

You can adjust the ruling megabeasts with POWER by EVIL and GOOD tokens on them and civilization creatures.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository