Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: 40d and 40d16 freezing on fullscreen  (Read 548 times)

Sutremaine

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:ATROCITY: PERSONAL_MATTER]
    • View Profile
40d and 40d16 freezing on fullscreen
« on: January 08, 2010, 05:16:52 pm »

The game runs fine in windowed mode, but freezes up with a blank screen when I try to make it fullscreen. I get sound if I've enabled sound but the computer is completely unresponsive with the exception of the power button.

init file:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

It was working yesterday and I haven't installed anything since then or made any alterations to the graphics options. The 40d installation has graphics and custom tilesets but the 40d16 installation is vanilla with some cosmetic changes to the init file.
I am trying to make chickens lay bees as eggs. So far it only produces a single "Tame Small Creature" when a hen lays bees.
Honestly at the time, I didn't see what could go wrong with crowding 80 military Dwarves into a small room with a necromancer for the purpose of making bacon.

Grendus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: 40d and 40d16 freezing on fullscreen
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2010, 06:55:14 pm »

You might want to move or repost this in the bug reports forum.

Going to go through a quick checklist. Have you tried restarting your computer? Have you tried reinstalling both versions of DF (I assume the 40d with graphics is the one linked in TinyPirate's walkthrough)? If you have dual boot set up, have you tried both OS's?
A quick guide to surviving your first few days in CataclysmDDA:
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=121194.msg4796325;topicseen#msg4796325

Sutremaine

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:ATROCITY: PERSONAL_MATTER]
    • View Profile
Re: 40d and 40d16 freezing on fullscreen
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2010, 01:06:57 pm »

I've restarted the computer and reinstalled 40d16 (didn't bother with 40d after that didn't work). It's a single OS computer and the graphics in 40d are my own.

I don't think there's much point in putting this in the bugs forum, since there isn't any useful information to give and I'm going to purge the whole system anyway since it's brand new and there's a load of pre-installed rubbish on there.
I am trying to make chickens lay bees as eggs. So far it only produces a single "Tame Small Creature" when a hen lays bees.
Honestly at the time, I didn't see what could go wrong with crowding 80 military Dwarves into a small room with a necromancer for the purpose of making bacon.