Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Captured skeletal giant eagle  (Read 2188 times)

Innominate

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Captured skeletal giant eagle
« Reply #15 on: January 11, 2010, 04:55:04 am »

I read from dwarf fortress wiki that building destroyers can't destroy artifact buildings and I happen to have one artifact door lying about. This would make it easier to contain if it's true.

If this is true, This makes artifact buildings much, much more awesome. (CMOOOOON ARTIFACT BAUXITE FLOODGATE!!!)
I suspect that it will probably deconstruct the building, just not destroy the object itself.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 11, 2010, 05:35:22 am »

They are always deconstructed for me. And my berserking mayor threw his artifact door with ease, so I guess other building destroyers may do it too. You have to try.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Kylmis

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 11, 2010, 07:46:52 am »

Can the eagle destroy stuff while it's flying? If not, then I could just have openable grates that drop the sacrifices there.

Retro

• Bay Watcher
  • o7
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 11, 2010, 07:51:35 am »

Can the eagle destroy stuff while it's flying? If not, then I could just have openable grates that drop the sacrifices there.

I know that enemies (disregarding arrows/bows) can't attack buildings on the z-level above them; not sure about the level below. This allows you to do things like building a bridge above a ramp and havig it be impenetreble, as the enemy can't attack it fro below. So I imagine a drop system would work just fine with a 1x1 bridge chute.

BlazingDav

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 11, 2010, 11:08:51 am »

Lets you choose to feed your eagle chunks or live bait, one if it isn't feeling so hot, one if it in a mood for killing.

Misterstone

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 11, 2010, 03:06:58 pm »

Is it possible to chain the eagle, or would just use [buildingdestroyer] to destroy its own chain?  Because having a giant skeletal eagle chained to the peak of the mountain your fortress is in would be the ultimate in badass fortress accessories.

Viprince

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 12, 2010, 07:38:33 am »

Is it possible to chain the eagle, or would just use [buildingdestroyer] to destroy its own chain?  Because having a giant skeletal eagle chained to the peak of the mountain your fortress is in would be the ultimate in badass fortress accessories.

Not completely sure about this, but I beleive that untamed animals can't practically be chained. It may be possible to assign them to a chain (can't remember) but if that happened as soon as the skeleton is let out of its cage it would scare the dwarf which is bringing it to the chain. Fun then ensues.

Retro

• Bay Watcher
  • o7
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 12, 2010, 07:48:30 am »

Not completely sure about this, but I beleive that untamed animals can't practically be chained. It may be possible to assign them to a chain (can't remember) but if that happened as soon as the skeleton is let out of its cage it would scare the dwarf which is bringing it to the chain. Fun then ensues.

It could be tested using [NOFEAR], but in practically terms, yeah, it's effectively impossible.

SimRobert2001

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 12, 2010, 12:10:46 pm »

Why not build a massive goblin killing chamber with level operated airlocks? Simply open one airlock drop the gobbos onto the second, open the second one. Gobbos drop in, fun ensues.

expwnent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 12, 2010, 01:00:14 pm »

What if the chain is one tile away from the cage the eagle was previously in?

Misterstone

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 12, 2010, 03:25:57 pm »

What if the chain is one tile away from the cage the eagle was previously in?

This is what I was thinking as well.  Pretty damn risky though ;)
Pages: 1 [2]