Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: refrain from OOC descriptions of gods/deities  (Read 1191 times)

aha

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: refrain from OOC descriptions of gods/deities
« Reply #15 on: January 29, 2008, 09:19:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by sorbius:
<STRONG>The dev log is about as OOC as you can get.  I would prefer Toady NOT RP in his dev posts.

EDIT: also, when did he say anything about this being evil?  The way it's worded it's completely neutral (just the facts)

[ January 25, 2008: Message edited by: sorbius ]</STRONG>

I am not against the OOC in dev log, obviously. I only learned from there that some evil race will have a temple called "Ungodly Silty Shrine", which does not seem right. It might be ungodly for dwarves and humans since it represents different values (tells its minions to bring him dwarven children for sacrifice or whatever), but not to actual worshippers themselves.

tail -f -n 10 df_27_176_38a/gamelog.txt

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 29, 2008, 10:52:00 pm »

Admittedly, "ungodly" seems a little strange, seeing as it's the god's shrine.  I think that's just a bugger-up from the random name generator.

I mean, what does a god of disease have to do with silt?  And besides, you can't have a really good god of disease without some part of his name referring to bloated pustules or some other delightfully disgusting thing.

Torak

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Gods of Blood.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 29, 2008, 11:05:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Kagus:
<STRONG>Admittedly, "ungodly" seems a little strange, seeing as it's the god's shrine.  I think that's just a bugger-up from the random name generator.</STRONG>

The Unimpressive Hump of Massiveness, Mountain.

As you journey to the center of the world, feel free to read the death announcements of those dwarves that suffer your neglect.

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the cosmos. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips, I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my veins. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk and free throw.
Pages: 1 [2]