Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Rethink the trade value of items not made in the Fort  (Read 2988 times)

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
Re: Rethink the trade value of items not made in the Fort
« Reply #15 on: January 31, 2010, 10:06:02 pm »

I love the idea of a goblin siege hitting you, killing them all and looting their stuff, selling the stuff off to the trade caravan for useful things like food and booze, then the traders turning around and selling it all to the goblin's dark tower so next year you may see the same iron shield, still with the old goblin blood spatter on it.

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
Re: Rethink the trade value of items not made in the Fort
« Reply #16 on: February 01, 2010, 10:11:53 am »

Which raises a question. Namely, if it were possible for items stolen or exported from your fort to come back either as trade or spoils of war, how would masterpiece status for items made or decorated at your fort be affected. Would it generate a happy thought? (Morul McAwsome has been ecstatic lately. He had a masterpiece returned lately.) Would it generate a bad thought? (Morul McAwsome has been miserable lately. He had a masterpiece rejected lately.) Would it be dependant on how that masterpiece was originally lost or how it was returned?
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.
Pages: 1 [2]