Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Getting Games to run on Win7  (Read 571 times)

Hoborobo234

• Bay Watcher
  • For the revolution!
    • View Profile
Getting Games to run on Win7
« on: January 13, 2010, 08:11:41 am »

I recently got win7 and  am having problems running games. When I open up Saint Row 2 for example the game just shuts with a message saying ti has to close, is there anyway of fixing this?
Rather than having them directly force you to mine adamantine, I would suggest that they give you strange moods that require adamantine. "Dig out the adamantine or Urist here goes insane and dies" is suitably vicious.

(It occurs to me that you can probably get "Lovecraft" as the random name of your fortress. That's when you know you're screwed.)

Jetsquirrel

• Bay Watcher
  • In the end, i will win.
    • View Profile
Re: Getting Games to run on Win7
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2010, 02:06:19 pm »

how about updating all your drivers and downloading handy programs ffdshow (its sometimes the cause) or you could patch the game!

Huesoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Like yeah dude
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2010, 02:17:26 pm »

I honestly dont see how you guys get these problems. I never had problems with vista and still think its better than xp. Pertaining to this thread how come you can't play saints row 2 when im playing morrowind completely fine.
BOTTLED MESSAGE BE AFLOAT

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2010, 02:21:06 pm »

Are you running as administrator?

And I don't just mean "using an admin account", I mean "right-clicking on the shortcut and telling it to run as administrator".