Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Great embarks  (Read 913 times)

WJLIII3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Great embarks
« on: May 04, 2011, 02:47:56 pm »

I was just reading through the old Dwarf Heaven thread, and I noticed no-one seems to throw up their embarks sites on the forums anymore for download. Why not? is it because the new underground means you always have the necessities? Cause I'd really love a site with river, sand, flux, and a high mountain, preferably bisected by a river, with potential for Sieges. You know...if anyone has one of those lying around.

EDIT: Also, I seem to be having a ton of trouble in the other Civ department. Only dwarves seem to show up, no matter when I embark or how many worlds I regen. Not every single time, but 4 of my last 5.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2011, 08:28:03 pm by WJLIII3 »

Uristocrat

• Bay Watcher
  • Dwarven Railgunner
    • View Profile
    • DF Wiki User Page
Re: Great embarks
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2011, 02:22:09 am »

Nowadays, people usually put them on DFFD, rather than giving seeds in the forums.  Look under the "Pregenerated Worlds."

But, like you said, most of the necessities get taken care of thanks to caverns, so people can go looking for evil oceans or savage deserts or whatever else they want for their megaproject.
You could have berries on the rocks and the dwarves would say it was "berry gneiss."
You should die horribly for this. And I mean that in the nicest possible way.