Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: 140 z levels  (Read 2167 times)

Karik

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: 140 z levels
« Reply #15 on: January 03, 2010, 12:09:55 pm »

makkkke MINAS TIRITH!!!! but populated by dwarfs with a sacrifice shaft!

The sacrifice shaft could always be that bridge that gandalf fell from.  Make the shaft with a bridge, pull the lever and watch the dwarf fall.  Have one pillar randomly some where in the shaft that could catch a falling dwarf to give them that rare chance of survival!  If they make it rename the dwarf gandalf and send him at the hordes coming to devour your yummy goblins.  If this gandalf is worthy he will smite them with light!

Shurikane

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.shurikane.com
« Reply #16 on: January 03, 2010, 12:14:08 pm »

UPLOAD THIS SHIT NOW!

MightyPaladin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 03, 2010, 01:08:04 pm »

download link put into first post.

Now I'm trying to gen a new, improved, more deadly fun version.  Any ideas on how to improve the odds of rivers cutting through mountains in worldgen?
in times of peace nothing so becomes a man as modesty and humility, but when the blasts of war ring in your ears, then imitate the actions of the tiger, summon up the blood, disguise fair nature with rage and lend the eye a terrible aspect.

Morgus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 03, 2010, 01:11:08 pm »

Turn erosion down to 0. The rivers will cut straight down in a chasm-like fashion instead of valleying out.

Also, make sure the "periodically erode extreme cliffs" is turned off.
Because it's so amusing to hear stories of the last recruit, pressganged into defending the fortress, making the critical shot that saves all the battle-hardened veterans... then going crazy because the cats have filled the dining room with miasma.

MightyPaladin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 03, 2010, 01:20:19 pm »

I just realized that if I spend the next couple of weeks trying to find another accessible named mountain, the new version will come out the same day I finally succeed.  but if I wait for the new version, it won't come out for another year.  ;D
in times of peace nothing so becomes a man as modesty and humility, but when the blasts of war ring in your ears, then imitate the actions of the tiger, summon up the blood, disguise fair nature with rage and lend the eye a terrible aspect.

SkyRender

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Sky Render's Domain
« Reply #20 on: January 03, 2010, 01:54:30 pm »

I just realized that if I spend the next couple of weeks trying to find another accessible named mountain, the new version will come out the same day I finally succeed.  but if I wait for the new version, it won't come out for another year.  ;D

Well what are you waiting for?  Get searching!  Use Murphy's Law to the benefit of all!
Sanity is for the weak.

derekiv

• Bay Watcher
  • The smile.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 03, 2010, 02:02:41 pm »

This is the first time I have seen Murphy's law used to benefit something.

Slayer1557

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 03, 2010, 08:38:41 pm »

you have inspired me good sir.  I will proceed with my tower fortress.  I'll find my own site though.  Yours is cool and all, but I'd rather have my own.  You got a really good site though >.> have 'fun'

Beanchubbs

• Bay Watcher
  • Khorne Flakes: Crunchy & Delicious
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 04, 2010, 03:20:10 am »

Make a 100 z-level tall statue of Armok. Bonus if you can get it to spout magma from the top in a fountain like style, and have it be recycled. Even more points if you do it while a siege is running under it.
Yikes, the Orcs have a nasty language.  Traditional foreplay would be right out for them; how would they ever "say my name" for one another?  No wonder Ocrs are always so bloodthirsty and violent, they're getting sub-par action.

Danjen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 04, 2010, 04:49:17 am »

Make a 100 z-level tall statue of Armok. Bonus if you can get it to spout magma from the top in a fountain like style, and have it be recycled. Even more points if you do it while a siege is running under it.
Do it like this:

REMEMBER ME
Quote from: mrbobbyg
Hey, I'm cool with you tying a dog up and shooting it with a ballista if you're short on elves, but there's not need to lie about it to us.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 04, 2010, 04:51:02 am »

silhouette

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 04, 2010, 04:58:52 am »

... resisting... urges... to remove... spoiler tags....
and damn thats gonna be great...
# PowerGoal49, SCREAM BALL, (Future): Trolls take the captives and see if they can throw them all the way over the chasm to each other.
---
SCREW EVERYTHING ELSE! I WANT THIS!
Pages: 1 [2]