Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Finding a Titan  (Read 1464 times)

quinquan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Finding a Titan
« on: January 10, 2010, 09:07:36 am »

Today, I decided to try adventure mode again, after my first and only attempt a few months ago ending with a pack of wolves rather suddenly. As I got going, things were progressing normally for adventure mode, I killed a cougar with my bare hands then went to an elf town and slaughtered 3 children and burnt their corpses to use their bones as throwing weapons....standard stuff really.

I headed to a human town to do a quest and was told to go and kill a titan, I went to the specified cave and searched it, and it was empty. Thinking I'd missed a stairway or something, I checked again, but the cave was empty apart from a few splatters of large rat blood. So where could this titan I need to kill be, and how can I find it so I can pelt it with elf bones?

Lobos

• Bay Watcher
  • I crush things.
    • View Profile
Re: Finding a Titan
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2010, 09:16:40 am »

There's a good chance the Titan is running around outside the cave. I'd be wary when you leave. A dragon jumped me when I left a cave after I couldn't find him.

quinquan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2010, 09:29:49 am »

Great....should be Fun.

Lets see who wins, a titan with 11 kills or Nique "Surprisesplatter" the human wrestler

EDIT: Well that didn't go well, I found it, threw a few bones at it which all missed, then I got chased down and punched to death by it, ending with my body exploding in a lump of gore, "Surprisesplatter" maybe wasn't the best name for an adventurer I guess.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2010, 09:45:30 am by quinquan »

Vester

• Bay Watcher
  • [T_WORD:AWE-INSPIRING:bloonk]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2010, 09:53:28 am »

Should've chucked weapons at him instead. ;D

Be thankful that dude wasn't undead. Undead megabeasts are impossible.
"Land of song," said the warrior bard, "though all the world betray thee - one sword at least thy rights shall guard; one faithful harp shall praise thee."

xdarkcodex

• Bay Watcher
  • Watch in awe!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2010, 06:24:26 pm »

Cool, I didn't know megabeast could be undead.
the statement below is true
the statement above is false

Vester

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2010, 06:30:57 am »

The very first Megabeast I ever ran into was an undead Titan. I couldn't hurt her, and she couldn't hit me. I hacked at her until I got tired, traveled away, and was promptly murdered by wolves.
"Land of song," said the warrior bard, "though all the world betray thee - one sword at least thy rights shall guard; one faithful harp shall praise thee."

Ze Spy

• Bay Watcher
  • I was your beginning - so shall I be...your end.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2010, 08:15:42 am »

and be glad it wasn't skeletal , i ran into a skeletal titian once , all parried , tried to run , titan too fast , got trapped on said place , pretty fail

Hummingbird

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2010, 02:38:02 am »

Hmm. Everyone mentions undead megabeasts, but I've never encountered one, nor read about one in Legends. How often do they come up?
But Elves aren't Vegetarians. They eat people.
So they are humanitarians.

Vester

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 17, 2010, 02:53:47 am »

Fairly rare, unless your world is incredibly evil.

xdarkcodex

• Bay Watcher
  • Watch in awe!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 17, 2010, 05:41:38 am »

If only the world was as evil has i am...

Sulvor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 17, 2010, 01:47:30 pm »

Do the megabeasts need to get killed normally and become undead first? Or can I just start in the 10th year and still have undead ones?
Sulvor has created a backpack (made out of dwarven babies) and is now a legendary leatherworker

xdarkcodex

• Bay Watcher
  • Watch in awe!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 17, 2010, 06:18:47 pm »

Do the megabeasts need to get killed normally and become undead first? Or can I just start in the 10th year and still have undead ones?
The second one I think.

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 18, 2010, 12:35:36 am »

Undead is just a transformation of animals and creatures from regular to zombie or skeletal and occurs in any "Evil" region which would be "haunted, sinister, terrifying"